Another self portrait | Ironlegs

Ironlegs

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, i posted one here before in which i used a light from window...BUT NOW... i UPGRADED. I have a strobe without any diffusers and i doubt there are any diffusers available for this one since its old, do any of you have a good tutorial for a homemade strobe diffuser please ? :)

I positioned the light a little bit low but i actually quite like it, thoughts or any tips to help me get better at this please :)?

That's me by Ironlegs Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'll just wait to see what ss has to say....

;)

Diffusers are easy. I've made diffusers out of tupperware, toilet tissue, kleenex, empty plastic bottles, curtains, pillow cases etc etc etc. In your case... Duct tape, cardboard, a pair of scissors and a white sheet. VIOLA. Diffuser.

Won't be pretty, but it done right it will be effective. ;)

The one thing that immediately jumps into my eyes in the pic is your shadow on the wall. Put a bit more distance between you and your backdrop and that shadow goes away.

Unless you want it there, then stay put.

I want shadow :D I just want a diffused light, i dont need something pretty but effective, i will try what you wrote, thanks !

On a serious note though...

You nailed it on the head, so to speak.

You need a diffuser to soften of the light, then again, harsh light can create some very dramatic lighting, often used in 'hollywood' style ads.

I really like the pose here, the only thing I wish I could of seen more of was your watch, its slightly peaking through and it looks nice and flashy, show it off.

I really like the pose here, the only thing I wish I could of seen more of was your watch, its slightly peaking through and it looks nice and flashy, show it off.

Of course you like the pose when you got it on your profile picture too :D

i think it looks good. i kind of like the effect the lighting made except that i can see your shadow.

Stop the off topic ! I need feedback :D

Most reactions

Back