another senior - noelle (15 photos)

thebeginning

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.danielcolvinphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i've only shot girl seniors once or twice before (for some reason I've shot many many more guys) this, so this was kind of a new experience. definitely fun though!

Here's a few images from my shoot with noelle:

cliche first:

Noelle025e-sm.jpg

Noelle008e-sm.jpg

Noelle038e-sm.jpg

Noelle029e-sm.jpg

Noelle023e-sm-1.jpg

Noelle035e-smbwvignette.jpg

Noelle054e-sm.jpg

Noelle056e-sm.jpg

Noelle064e-sm.jpg

Noelle072e-sm.jpg

Noelle081e-sm.jpg

Noelle075e2-sm.jpg

had to show this in a pair (i wanted to show the 2nd one and i felt i had to show the first to explain it):
Noelle049e-sm.jpg

Noelle050e-sm.jpg

that's all!! sorry for so many :blushing:

thanks for lookin'

I like these... I am not a portrait person so dont rely too much on me lol... #12 is my favorite by far.

Nice series.

#12 stands out to me, she looks like a model in that one...although most of them are just as good, I'm sure she will be pleased.

3, 6, 9, and 10 are my favorties. She has to be happy with these, they're very good. Much better than the guy that took my senior portraits. God they were awful..

Once again, you found a good setting for you session. In particular, I like the second view. Of course, clone out that post/poll... whatever it is.

I'm not seeing the lighting ratio that you usually employ. I wondering.... no leaves on the trees? Why the change? I wish it was a tad stronger.

I think 4 looks a bit like a "bondage" pose.

Good stuff! Again... nice to get seniors this time of year.

Pete

a nice collection here.

she looks relaxed and natural in front of the camera too

these are all really good!

2 and 5 look like an advert for something, 8 looks like a tourist photo. The rest of them are fantastic. I love how she engages the camera in 3 and 10. It is also great how you balanced the lighting when shooting against the sun!

beautiful all round! she will be thrilled. i also love your use of sunlight. you sure are a talent...
can I ask what lens and camera you used for the shoot?? x

thanks everyone!

Once again, you found a good setting for you session. In particular, I like the second view. Of course, clone out that post/poll... whatever it is.

I'm not seeing the lighting ratio that you usually employ. I wondering.... no leaves on the trees? Why the change? I wish it was a tad stronger.

I think 4 looks a bit like a "bondage" pose.

Good stuff! Again... nice to get seniors this time of year.

Pete

thanks man! yeah that post needs to be cloned out...it was the easiest to deal with of the three (there were two more nasty ones)...i'll have to do that though.

i'm not really sure what you've been meaning about the lighting ratio bit...do i typically have a more contrasty light ratio? i usually use natural light for this type of stuff so that seems kinda odd. i don't mind though! it's cool to think that I might have a 'style' :)

2 and 5 look like an advert for something, 8 looks like a tourist photo. The rest of them are fantastic. I love how she engages the camera in 3 and 10. It is also great how you balanced the lighting when shooting against the sun!

thanks! she was great with the camera, really easy to photograph. about number 8, did you mean it was snap-shotish?

awesome shots man. is that herman park?
whoa, yeah. you don't happen to be the Gordon on the other Tpf do you?

beautiful all round! she will be thrilled. i also love your use of sunlight. you sure are a talent...
can I ask what lens and camera you used for the shoot?? x

thanks jemmy!

no problem. i think every shot i took that day was with the 5d+24-70L combo. I love the range, it's awesome. (similar to a 20d/30d + 17-55IS as far as FOV goes)

What I meant with number 8 is that it looks like the kind of picture that travelers take when they are overseas. Though the angle is creative and tends to suggest a professional photographer overseas, what makes it look like a touristy snapshot is the idea of it. Subject standing in a reasonably straight pose looking into the camera under some huge monument.

It is still a great photo, I just think it is a bit set appart from the rest which are clearly "modelled" shots. Oh the red bucket could be edited out too :)

What I meant with number 8 is that it looks like the kind of picture that travelers take when they are overseas. Though the angle is creative and tends to suggest a professional photographer overseas, what makes it look like a touristy snapshot is the idea of it. Subject standing in a reasonably straight pose looking into the camera under some huge monument.

It is still a great photo, I just think it is a bit set appart from the rest which are clearly "modelled" shots. Oh the red bucket could be edited out too :)

ope, i'm an idiot...i kept thinking number 7. I can see why you'd think that about number 8 though.

haha the bucket is actually a boot...houston had some artist(s) create these large 5' boots painted with various words in patterns that represented texas and/or houston and put them in this park. I cloned out a person in this shot, and a big plaque...can't believe i missed that big red boot :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back