ANOTHER shot at business cards lol

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is my 4th attempt at making a business card. input is greatly appreciated

deqyir.jpg

The floating head isn't really doing it for me. I feel the decapitation looks a little weird. Also, the info should be dominant, not the rolling head.

well im wearing a shirt, i just didnt get the lighting perfect for it to stand out.

I think you should spend less time making business card and start shooting.

Good pictures make money, not business cards. ;)

who says i'm not shooting? lol I can do both. I just want something to be able to hand to people. I am doing a senior shoot for a friend next month and wanted be maybe give her some to give to friends.

who says i'm not shooting? lol I can do both. I just want something to be able to hand to people. I am doing a senior shoot for a friend next month and wanted be maybe give her some to give to friends.

That would be pushy. If shes likes your work im sure word of mouth is sufficient.

Also i dont see the point in putting your picture on the card...

well shes a friend and i'm sure she will tell her friends where she got hers done granted they come out nice, but in terms of contact info, i was thinking cards.

and i wasn't going to but in another of my threads, someone said putting a pic of myself on there will help people connect name to face. idk. this stuff is hard haha

Here's my advice...take it or leave it. I am a third year law student, so I've got to be able to hand a card to someone in a hurry and need them to look at it, associate it with me, but still think it's professional. Photography is no different, as I see it.

There is nothing wrong with your phone number, email address, website, company name, and logo, but the picture here is a little hokey (I'm sure there's a better word, but my brain is fried and that's the best I can come up with this evening). I simply don't care for it (not the picture itself--just putting it on the card), but that's my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

A buddy of mine who shoots all over Charleston and the Low Country (he's VERY good, as well, so that helps) simply has his name, phone number, website and "By Appointment Only" on his card and that's it. It gets the point across, might not be what you're looking for, but it's an idea. I like your logo, I like the type-face, and I like the colors.

Keep plugging away, and keep firing!

Thank you for that! i am most certainly trying different things. I hate seeing my own picture lol so i deff don't mind taking it off the card. I still have a way to go with it but i want to make sure it's a decent card before i pay to have them made

Thank you for that! i am most certainly trying different things. I hate seeing my own picture lol so i deff don't mind taking it off the card. I still have a way to go with it but i want to make sure it's a decent card before i pay to have them made

I'm in the same boat! I hate seeing my own picture!

Make sure that you're putting the focus on your name--if people don't remember the name, they won't call. I'm cursed to share my name with a rapper, so people (especially between 20 and 27) remember it, but it's so common that I have to make sure that people handle my card and don't throw it out--so I went with a heavier weight paper.

If you're printing it yourself, colors aren't an issue, but if you're having it done, multiple colors are going to get in your wallet in a hurry and you're going to have to do lots of shooting to pay for it! Either way, I wish you lots of luck and look forward to your next effort!

So here's one I might get printed. Maybe I will tweak it a bit more. Better though?

2eb9ybk.jpg

14cz5tv.jpg

i like this alot better than the first one. nice and simple and too the point. although i would possibly loose the grey border and try and get the cards cut with round corners instead

Most reactions

Back