ANOTHER shot at business cards lol

The last effort is getting close. I would just get rid of the grey border. The problem with borders and BCs is the way they get cut. Rarely is the border even all around and, to me, it doesn't look that good then.

I would just bleed the black background and the blue lines.

Now, I'm going to repeat some things I said recently but I don't think it was to you... if it was, may someone else learn something.

Only one problem with the bleed is the cost if you don't go to the right printer. If they get printed offset, it's expensive. But some printers today will do them on high quality laser printers and they look almost as good for a lot less money. You need to talk to printers and find out who does what.

The other problems with offset printing are: multi colors are more expensive and so are colors that touch. This concerns the black and the blue. But those are not a problem with laser printing. :)

Design wise, last but not least, forget the two sided card. More expensive and in this case, it adds no new info. Some people like to be able to write on the back. Some people, like me, put their cards in rolodexes and will never see the back again. Kind of a waste.

Also, a lot of people get 100 or 250 cards. Don't. A big chunk of the cost is set-up and it makes very little difference in cost to do 500 or even 1000. Then, just give them to absolutely everyone and leave them wherever you can. Bulletin boards, or ... Believe it or not, I've left mine in bathrooms. :lol:

Don't laugh. It was in some fancy commercial buildings and I did get some jobs from them.

thank you for the response, the gray isnt part of the design lol my bad on that. And i wasnt sure if i want 2 sides or not. I did read about people liking to write on the back. what would they write? lol

I have people write down their own info on the backs of my cards if they don't have one. I've also had people use them to write down directions to another bar, or whatever. People will write on anything if it's close. Black likely eliminates that option, but I like this card a bunch. If you slipped me one of these, I'd think that you take yourself and your work seriously, but you're not a bore.

That's important. Keep up the effort--I think you're on the right track!

I like the design of the card a lot...
I think it would look better without the picture though.

I like the second design as well....

It looks ok on a computer monitor, but a business card is only 2 inches high and 3.5 inches long.

Your phone # and email address font will be miniscule and your business name won't be much larger.

By all means, give your friend some business cards to hand out. She would probably promote you anyway, but people will need your contact info in order to reach you.

You are right to have them printed. IMHO 'Home-made' cards are generally tacky and don't provide your business with a 'Professional' Image.

I like the simplicity of the card after you removed your photo, however, don't let cost deter you if you have your heart set on something else more colorful - a full color card on beautiful heavy weight gloss stock will only run about $59/1000; not much more than the price of a two-color card. (I know prices, I own a print shop!)

Most reactions

Back