Another snowy morning

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My D800 cam back yesterday, finally. I was pretty fired up to go out in the world and play. Awoke to a little snow. I played around in my "bird studio" ... As a bonus I have a Squirrel video! Comments welcome and thanks for looking...

Bluejay in Snow 1 1_30 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Bluejay in Snow 2 1_30 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Mourning Dove, Snowy Morning 1_30 by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Squirrel 1_30 (video link below) by krisinct- Thanks for 5 Million views as of Jan 12, on Flickr

Smart little rodents...

Excellent captures - well taken.

Excellent! Especially that Mourning Dove. Beautiful!

beauitful! i like the squirrel!

Amazing detail, as always! I can't decide if I like #3 or #4 the most. Are these handheld or tripod? I just can't get that level of detail/focus.

thanks for all the kind words!

SWEETNESS! Are you shooting through a window?
I actually open the window. My GF doesn't like how cold it makes the house though.. :)

Amazing detail, as always! I can't decide if I like #3 or #4 the most. Are these handheld or tripod? I just can't get that level of detail/focus.
These particular shots I was resting the lens on the window sill.. Most of the time I do shoot handheld though..

hey, do you mind telling me the camera settings on any one of them? I don't see the settings on flickr mobile and am trying to learn about snow shooting. I learn best by trying to replicate something great and then tweak it to my own. :pride:

oh, also, what lens?

Squirrel in a tube, you should market that :icon_mrgreen:

That squirrel shot is killing me dead!

The bird shots are gorgeous. Jays are kinda jerks but they sure are pretty! :)

Thanks Limr!
Very nice set. Looks like BBQ squirrel is on the menu come spring.
Thanks! Sunflower and Millet smoked BBQ squirrel... :)

hey, do you mind telling me the camera settings on any one of them? I don't see the settings on flickr mobile and am trying to learn about snow shooting. I learn best by trying to replicate something great and then tweak it to my own. :pride:
oh, also, what lens?
Hey, there's and App for that :) I generally shoot in manual mode with auto ISO and spot metering.. Tamron 150-600..
Squirrel in a tube, you should market that :icon_mrgreen:
Squirrel in a tube, squirrel on u tube, almost the same.. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back