Another soccer photo

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by Sharkbait, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

I'm a goalkeeper coach for the HS team my wife is the assistant coach for, and this is my prodigy. :D
    (she's made the save, the ball is actually caroming out toward the camera)

[​IMG]

2. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

What a great action shot!
    Really well captured.

3. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I personally think it may be a little rough only seeing 2/3rds of the opponent. Your prodigy looks like she made a great save. I played soccer for years. During "soccer camp" the goalies were segregated from the other players. We would fight all the time, and they would continually kick our butts.

4. Spectre

Spectre TPF Noob!

I like it. I'm a goalkeeper myself so I know the feeling. the look on her face is exactly what i've had on my face many times.

I shot up 2 rolls of Fuji 1600 at a soccer game tonight, most of that is of the goalkeepers. I'll have it developed and some pictures up on monday if I like any of them.

5. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

Rock on, I'm a keeper too! :D I play indoor now that it's winter, and as soon as spring rolls around my wife and I will be playing in the adult outdoor league we've started. :-D

6. Sharkbait

Sharkbait TPF Noob!

I agree, the one thing that bothers me about this shot is that cut-off offensive player. Just missed getting her in the frame. :|

We try and keep the keepers involved in regular practices as much as possible, but there's no denying us keepers are a different breed, that's for sure. We relish bruises and scrapes. Hell I even finished a match on a broken leg (didn't know it was broken at the time though). :D