Another strange darkroom question

rob91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, not only is my darkroom a darkroom, it's also my bathroom. For the most part it retains functionality both ways, but when I take a shower I do need to take the cardboard off the window so it doesn't get soaked. I also take my paper out as well as the contrast filters (water is bad for them, from what I've heard) because of the steam that fills the room. My question is, do I need to worry about the enlarger? It would be a pain to move so I'd like to keep it there. I imagine it should be fine, but figured I'd ask here first.

I would think the humidity would be hard on the enlarger and the lens over time.

Get a cover for your enlarger -- water will condense on that instead of the enlarger.

darkrooms , even those decidated ones have high humidity and over time can begin to show some rust

keep it covered as suggested and wipe down the rails on occasion.

I have my enlarger on an A/V cart. It's a wheeled table with electrical
outlets and shelves underneath. Very convenient. I can easily wheel it in
or out of a room when needed. I also keep it covered with plastic bag or
tarp.

The cart suggestions are the way to go and don't forget about standing on a safe surface while in there.

The cart suggestions are the way to go and don't forget about standing on a safe surface while in there.

Rob,

An Ansel Adams calendar is nice and safe, so maybe you could stand on one of those.

Best,
Helen

Helen's got jokes!

That cracked me up real hard...thank you :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back