Another success story!

OMG! what a find.... I'm still seeing those Hassy's go for $300+ in local venues. not to mention the history behind the camera.

Whoop!

:lol: :lol:

If you find an early 1600F in good working condition at that price, snag it! They are usually more due to the fact that there were only 3,000 ever built, from 1948 to 1954.

Thanks, Dimitri. Twist the knife a little deeper, why don't you?:grumpy:

man.....this this so sweet....are you planning on selling it Mitica?

man.....this this so sweet....are you planning on selling it Mitica?

Nah... Not for now, anyway. I might throw a film in there to see how the Kodak performs.

What a fantastic turn of events! This is so cool, Dimitri! :) I am so happy it found its way to your hands, where it will be appreciated and cared for.

It's karma, I tell ya. :sun:

Charlie, stop crying. You know you would have butchered it and put on a Polaroid back, or something. :mrgreen:

This is so cool, Dimitri! :) I am so happy it found its way to your hands, where it will be appreciated and cared for.

Thanks Terri, rest assured that it will find a nice place in my always growing collection of rarer cameras. :D But first things first... Gotta run a film through it. ;)

Thanks Terri, rest assured that it will find a nice place in my always growing collection of rarer cameras. :D But first things first... Gotta run a film through it. ;)

Stop gloating and show us what it can do! :mrgreen:

OK, found out more info. I wrote to Hasselblad and they could not find out what month/day of 1950 this camera was made but I got contacted by one of my friends at IDCC (Internet Directory of Camera Collectors) and he told me the first 1600F had the serial CS 10001. Therefore, my 1600F was made some 575 cameras after that, being that its SN is CS10576. CS is the year (1950) of manufacture and if I find out how many cameras were produced in a month, then I might just be able to figure out. In any case, the camera is a keeper!

Neal, I will throw a film in there soon and do a shoot. Will post.

How cool. I'm with Neal; can't wait to see some pics from this bad boy. ;)

Most reactions

Back