Another trip in the way back machine ...

LWW

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my favorite subkjects is historical recreations.

Although one can never truly relive history, at recreations I have found a number of people who have became so wrapped up in their characters that they bring a pseudo reality that TV, movies, and print media can never duplicate.

During the last few weekends I was privileged to witness a couple of cannon demonstration recreations. I wish I could post audio of the talks I had with some of the amazing people I spoke with.

All photos were shot with a Nikon D50 and Nikkor 24MM-120MM f3.5-f4.5 AF-D lens with aperture priority AE.

I hope they are enjoyed.

LWW

SmlRWCannon001.jpg

SmlRWCannonCrew001.jpg

The above were taken at George rogers Clark State Park at a recreation of the Battle of Pecuwe where the British tried to retake cannons stolen by Clark and used to defend the Miami valley of Ohio.

The gentleman on the far left is the retired head of the history dept at nearby Wittenburg University. Next to him is an amazing font of revolutionary war data.

LWW

SmlRWCannon001BW.jpg

SmlRWCannonCrew001BW.jpg

Above is an attempt at a Matthew Brady, if photography had existed then, type shots.

LWW

SmlCWCannon001.jpg

SmlCWCannonCrew001.jpg

The above is a US Civil War cannon recreation and the cannon's crew that was taken just outside of Lebanon, Ohio.

LWW

SmlCWCannon001BW.jpg

SmlCWCannonCrew001BW.jpg

And the Brady effect attempted again.

Getting the correct amount of faux grain and low contrast is challenging.

LWW

And amomg my favorite recreation characters, not appearing however at these events, are Abraham Lincoln.

SmlLincoln001.jpg

LWW

And PFC Beauregard B Burntout.

SmlPvtBeauregardBurntout.jpg

LWW

love the color shots and the abe lincoln and the guy with the big beard... some of your black and white "retro" shots could use some help, particularly the one where i can see some colored granieness... i figure some vignette and a lil more work and they could be better

over all good shoot! :thumbup:

People with way to much time on there hands lol..........These recreations crack me up...:thumbdown:

Nice shots though!!!

Most reactions

Back