another try at a portrait

Discussion in 'People Photography' started by outlandishogle, Nov 14, 2008.

1. outlandishogle

outlandishogle TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My girlfriend let me take a few shots of her the other day and i like how this one turned out. The only light was behind her and that was a dome light. and the other light was window light. im working on getting a flash and stuff. what do you guys think?
    [​IMG]

2. JCleveland

JCleveland TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    First of all, I'll just get this out of the way, what a gorgeous woman! She has such a fantastic smile!
    Onto business now! I find her face quite dark, and the flash you're planning on getting will definitely help with that for next time! I don't mind the whole 'backlight' thing going on, IF she weren't so dark against it, I find I'm looking at the halo around her first as opposed to her face.
    Can't wait to see what you come up with once you've got some more toys! Thanks for sharing!

3. outlandishogle

outlandishogle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for the comment. she is deffinitly very beautiful. i cant wait to get some more lights!

4. SHWELL

SHWELL TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I gave portraits a shot for the first time this weekend as well... The lighting is proving to be the hardest part to perfect..... One thing I did learn is that wrinkles in the backdrop are distracting.

All in all, with what you have now it looks like you are heading in the right direction.

Good luck..

5. Flash Harry

Flash Harry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Have you're subject at least 5 feet from the backdrop if possible, iron out the wrinkles anyway and turn the subject to a better angle instead of flat on to the lens, it will give her some "form", oh, and, yes she's drop dead. H

6. outlandishogle

outlandishogle TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    thanks for the comments. i cant wait till xmas time so i can get my flash then i think they will be better!