another try at this wedding stuff... sort of!

You did a WONDERFUL job. These are going to make a wonderful addition to your portfolio and she will be delighted.

Just a note on all of these (especially 10) the eyes have been dodged too much at least for my tastes. With darker eyes it is SO much harder to 'pop' them without making them lok ou tof place, so just keep a watch on it (unless it is your 'style' of course. Everyone has opinions)

My faves are 5 and 9 :)

ETA: If you do have a link to her site, don't directly copy and past it. Put spaces inbetween words or something - I can't imagine the embarrassment of tracking back to a thread like this. I personally might even not post it hear as it seems a bit unfair.

AprilRamone - hi and thanks. You are definately right about number 7 - I should show the SOOC cause its funny - this was me testing my settings and the bride's mom was actually on the floor by her feet fixing the dress for the pic (that's what she is looking at) I cloned her out because I liked how it looked. ;) I should have used the fill you are right.
I really wanted the bride in number 3 to lean all the way back against the wall with her back against it and not smile at all but she kind of wasnt getting it. ;) Maybe I'll take that one out though since its not so flattering. Thanks for commenting - all cc helps me a great deal!

NJMAN - howdy. lol You're definately right about hte focus in number 11 - it's off in her face. A shame I know but I am making this coupld a digital album that I think in the appropriate smaller size this picture might make a nice addition to. Do you agree or should I toss it?
I'm glad you liked them and believe it or not I am actually looking forward to weddings this year where I have been known to state in the past on here that I hated them!!! :)

AMB - Thanks for commenting i am glad you like it.. :)

Peanuts - Yes I am excited to have some nice shots to add to my port. that is great! I didnt actually dodge the eyes much at all she has a really strange 'tiger eye' color. And in the one shot #10 she was in this brilliant natural light that made them almost glow. I can show SOOC and maybe you can tell me I should do nothing to them at all - mostly all i did was dodge the left one a little to match the brightness of the right since it fell into the shadows more.
Oh and the link to that site - No - I won't post it publicly- i was thinking to PM it to shorty6049 ;) But thanks for the head's up. ;)

Oh yeah APRIL - I forgot to say in my response before - The photographer was reccomended by the cake decorater that is a friend of theirs - they took her word for it when she mentioned that she knew a good photographer adn they paid not so so much for it but more than what they should have. They just didnt know any better I guess. It's too bad really case even though we were able to do the reshoot they cant get back the other shots. :( I'm talking - people pushed up against a wall and shadows so harsh that they all had 'mullets' and the only ringberaer shot was overexposed so bad that his nose was almost gone. They said she admitted she was having a bad day but I dont see how taht could affect your technical ability that badly.

I LOVE number 7 - but they are all great! I love the colors! They really POP!

It's too bad about the originals - I can't even imagine! How can photogs go out there and not do a good job? It's craziness to me! :)

Good for you though!

butterflygirl - hi, My guess is that some people don't actually know they aren't doing a good job. I personally am SO GLAD that I am learning through CC here! That is how I started and so I learn to be very aware of what is acceptable and what is usually not.
For example - If I was to listen to friends and family that don't know much about photography then I would think I was good where I am and I might not know all the possibilities and newest technique's and whatnot that I see when I come here. I wouldn't have knowledgeable people telling me about how i could do this better and that better - only the opinions of people that don't knoe better. KWIM?
So hopefully that's what happened there. In the end, that woman DID perform a service - she took pictures of their day, better than P&S quality, just maybe not worth quite as much as they paid. But it's craziness to me too though because it's their profession - how are they NOT studying like mad and wanting to better themselves all the time no matter how good anyone says they are? Who knows. ;)
Sorry to ramble....anyhow thanks for commenting and I am glad you like them. And yes, the colors in that church were AWESOME! :)

Most reactions

Back