Another view of session at Jimbo's in Key Biscayne ....

RowmyF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
As NMink100 said :) ...we went scoping Miami for new shooting locations. I heard about this place from fellow photographers ...but getting there it took a minute for me to adjust to the scene. It was in middle of the boondocks and was horrid looking, but as I crawled further into this secluded area, I found little spots like hidden treasures of incredible places to shoot.

While we were hanging around, we met this homeless guy who seemed to have been a looker as a young man, but had sooo much soul in his eyes. You could see in his eyes he has a deep past like a story left untold. I hope to go back there soon and really hear his story..this time around I was too busy shooting him while NMink100 was chatting him up.

DSC_0145.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

DSC_0080-2.jpg

DSC_0036rev2.jpg

DSC_0011.jpg

I've heard about this place. I was in Miami for a year and a fellow classmate in my photo class at Barry did a series of shots there. The colors really are wonderful. It'd be interesting to hear the old guys story.
I like the 1st and last shots the best. In #3 the angle of her eyes just makes them look off. Also, is she leaning her elbow on something that we cant see? If not, don't really like the hand on the head. Pose just looks a little unnatural. I really like the angle in #2.
I wish I had gotten myself to this place while I was still living in Miami.

Hey Ajay-

First & last are my favorites, too!

The one where she is leaning on her elbow, she's actually against a door post.

It really is a wonderful spot to photograph and I'll keep you posted on the homeless guy's story :) I plan to be back there soon.

Thanks for the comments BellaCat!

Good pictures, I like the color saturation, it's appropriate for the location.

... but I doubt that guy is homeless. That's a lot of jewelry and a decent watch, as a homeless guy he'd have been robbed of it already, or pawned it ;-)

Most reactions

Back