Another year, another haircut, another selfie up for C&C.

I use Lightroom for all of my WB, exposure, and color corrections. I only use Photoshop whenever I need the liquifying tool. :eek: :D
I've been doing all my raw edits in aperture, and using vs6 for clone work, liquify, and most anything that requires masking now. But the more I use Photoshop the more I realize how lacking aperture really is. I sure wish I could take a class on how to use it better! My learning curve has been terribly slow.

I finally broke down and got adobe CC when it went to $10 a month. It's seems like a pretty good deal to have the latest LR and PS.
Stop teasing me! We have satellite internet and only have 10 gigs of data a month. They don't run internet lines this far up the mountain, (two houses down gets it though :-( ) so we are stuck with what we can get. I just can't do that much downloading and uploading.
Unlimited data on your phone?
Hook your phone up to the comp and use it for the download. :)
Dh has looked into it and for some reason says the carrier can see that we've used it that way and it will breach our contract. We are lucky to have a cell phone tower in sight for our carrier and don't want to risk being dropped! It's the best service you can get from our vantage point.
Well....i don't think the download is 10 gigs...and the updates are usually pretty small. ...
Just don't use much Internet one month and make it your "adobe" month.
It was the best photography investment we have made behind flashes and radio triggers.

LR new adjustment brush Is friggen amazing. ...as is PS new healing brush
1) I thought it stored all of your work "in the cloud" :headscratch:
2) don't tell DH, I made him spend the 800$ or whatever it was before cs6 was gone because I thought I COULDNT use it. :hide:

I do plan to get Lightroom though once we finally upgrade the hard drive. (Again)
Nope.
all our pics are stored on our local drives
Leave it to me to misinterpret technology. I'm pretty much stuck with Cs6 for a while. But they still offer updated Lightroom hard copys right?

Stop teasing me! We have satellite internet and only have 10 gigs of data a month. They don't run internet lines this far up the mountain, (two houses down gets it though :-( ) so we are stuck with what we can get. I just can't do that much downloading and uploading.
Unlimited data on your phone?
Hook your phone up to the comp and use it for the download. :)
Dh has looked into it and for some reason says the carrier can see that we've used it that way and it will breach our contract. We are lucky to have a cell phone tower in sight for our carrier and don't want to risk being dropped! It's the best service you can get from our vantage point.
Well....i don't think the download is 10 gigs...and the updates are usually pretty small. ...
Just don't use much Internet one month and make it your "adobe" month.
It was the best photography investment we have made behind flashes and radio triggers.

LR new adjustment brush Is friggen amazing. ...as is PS new healing brush
1) I thought it stored all of your work "in the cloud" :headscratch:
2) don't tell DH, I made him spend the 800$ or whatever it was before cs6 was gone because I thought I COULDNT use it. :hide:

I do plan to get Lightroom though once we finally upgrade the hard drive. (Again)
Nope.
all our pics are stored on our local drives
Leave it to me to misinterpret technology. I'm pretty much stuck with Cs6 for a while. But they still offer updated Lightroom hard copys right?
Yuppers

I use Lightroom for all of my WB, exposure, and color corrections. I only use Photoshop whenever I need the liquifying tool. :eek: :D
I've been doing all my raw edits in aperture, and using vs6 for clone work, liquify, and most anything that requires masking now. But the more I use Photoshop the more I realize how lacking aperture really is. I sure wish I could take a class on how to use it better! My learning curve has been terribly slow.
Man,you and me both.
I can't even grasp the possibilities of what can be done.
Like the photo though!

Man,you and me both.
I can't even grasp the possibilities of what can be done.
Like the photo though!
Thank you!

vtechs color looks the most accurate to me on this end.. I am calibrated but due for re-calibrating. lol the only nitpick on his is the cheek looks awful rosy on the one side. pinking it up went a bit too far on that side I think.

vtechs color looks the most accurate to me on this end.. I am calibrated but due for re-calibrating. lol the only nitpick on his is the cheek looks awful rosy on the one side. pinking it up went a bit too far on that side I think.
Thanks! That doesn't surprise me. I'm pretty terrible at applying makeup. I only wear it for selfies and weddings. ;-) I'll see if I can tone it down in post. Nice catch!

You're just too cute Jazzie. Everyone else has covered what I would have said. Definitely too warm in the OP. Lightroom is the best $120 I've ever spent. I do 85% of my editing in it. I really only use PS for clone/heal, liquify, and a couple actions I've found that I like. And I make collages and my advertising crap in it, but that's unrelated to photo editing itself.

Most reactions

Back