Ansel Adams fans unite.

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by craig, Sep 13, 2005.

1. craig

craig TPF Noob!

This Thursday the 15th at Yosemite National Park California 7:03 pm. Adam's classic "Autumn Moon" can be re explored. The elements will be in the exact position they were when he exposed the shot in 1948.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050912-0444-ca-anseladams-photo.html

I can not say that I am a fan of the man's work. I think I may be the only one, so I had to throw this link out there. If anyone does go... Post the photos. There could be some nice light. Do not forget the shot of all the other photographers' "getting the shot". Of course "expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights".

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    7:03 pm?

sounds cool. but i live far, and am not an ultra-Ansel Adams person myself, although is stuff is amazing and quite definitive.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    There will be a lot of people out there trying. :) I wish them the best. :thumbup: No doubt the results will be posted where they can be reviewed and compared. ;)

Anyone who isn't really a fan probably hasn't spent a lot of time viewing. I didn't really have much appreciation for his stuff until I decided, on a whim, to wander through an exhibit at an Atlanta museum. I was prepared to be mildly entertained at seeing the same stuff I've seen a thousand times.

Got blown away. Seeing these prints right in front of you changes everything. They can't say enough about him to do him justice. What a master. :hail: It has nothing to do with whether or not you like Yosemite.

As it happens with music sometimes, it was I who was not really *listening*. :) When I finally did, I finally understood.