Ansel Adams fans unite.

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
This Thursday the 15th at Yosemite National Park California 7:03 pm. Adam's classic "Autumn Moon" can be re explored. The elements will be in the exact position they were when he exposed the shot in 1948.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20050912-0444-ca-anseladams-photo.html

I can not say that I am a fan of the man's work. I think I may be the only one, so I had to throw this link out there. If anyone does go... Post the photos. There could be some nice light. Do not forget the shot of all the other photographers' "getting the shot". Of course "expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights".

There will be a lot of people out there trying. :) I wish them the best. :thumbup: No doubt the results will be posted where they can be reviewed and compared. ;)

Anyone who isn't really a fan probably hasn't spent a lot of time viewing. I didn't really have much appreciation for his stuff until I decided, on a whim, to wander through an exhibit at an Atlanta museum. I was prepared to be mildly entertained at seeing the same stuff I've seen a thousand times.

Got blown away. Seeing these prints right in front of you changes everything. They can't say enough about him to do him justice. What a master. :hail: It has nothing to do with whether or not you like Yosemite.

As it happens with music sometimes, it was I who was not really *listening*. :) When I finally did, I finally understood.

Most reactions

Back