Ansel Adams...in legislative form

The bill is evidently DoA. See The Online Photographer.

I found one obvious mistake: "..photography of it’s building.."

Um.......... when did our 1st Amendment Rights get removed from us?

Why do we need a law to uphold the 1st Amendment? The Bill of Rights are automatically part of the Constitution.

A good-intentioned Bill to be sure, but it misses the point. Perhaps enforcing the laws already adopted would be best. And start with the 1st Amendment.

Um.......... when did our 1st Amendment Rights get removed from us?

Why do we need a law to uphold the 1st Amendment? The Bill of Rights are automatically part of the Constitution.

A good-intentioned Bill to be sure, but it misses the point. Perhaps enforcing the laws already adopted would be best. And start with the 1st Amendment.

This 'Bill' may be a response to the fee charged by the Park Service to commercial companies doing film shoots on national park lands.
but..............

Chapter 1. Assembly of Congress]
[B. Procedure]
[§ 11. Resumption of Legislative Business]
The vast majority of business remaining at the end of one Congress
does not, however, carry over to the beginning of a new Congress, since
Congress does not allow the past proceedings of one Congress to bind its
successor...................................

thus the bill must be reintroduced.
It has no co-sponsors and Stockman is no longer in office.........

i dont see the loss. do we really need ten million photos of the lincoln memorial?

You missed the point, Lew.

The point is, the Bill, even by it's second line, is to "Restore the First Amendment Rights to Photographers."

When were they taken away from us? Sure, the Right has been ignored and violated numerous times. But it's still there. If it wasn't, we'd all be owning high-dollar paperweights and doorstops.

Maybe affirm would be a better word, given the intent of the bill.

Speaking of Texas; my favorite Congressman, Ron Paul, has introduced (several times) his
  • American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009. H.R. 1146, 2009-02-24, originally H.R. 1146, 1997-03-20. Ends U.S. participation and membership in the United Nations and its activities.
More here: Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

List of legislation: List of legislation sponsored by Ron Paul - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In this case, we really have lost our sovereignty, and that (those) bill(s) were an effort to restore it.

Now I know that the First Amendment is still on the books, but it is often violated.

Most reactions

Back