Ansel Adams - Whats so great?

Hi Guys,

I have heard the name Ansel Adams appear on here a bit lately, he seems to be described as the be all and end all of photography.

But to be honest, I have looked at some of his images (Only on the internet admittedly) and dont really see whats so special about them. Yes there are some great shots, but there seems to be a lot of overly dark shots that in my opinion are terrible, the Nevada Desert Road photo being a prime example.

Am I missing something or does the computer simply not do this man the justice he deserves?

Thanks,
Steve.

you rely need to see the photos in prson to rely get a feel for them I have one of his prints witch my dad gave to me(I still have no clue how he got his hands on one of Ansel Adams prints but whatever)

and for whats so great about Ansel Adams he helped develup the zone system of larg format photography witch is still used in the dark room he was a master evan if his achuwel shots whernt the best what he did with them in the dark room was how he rely got famus

I dunno, I think his achuwel shots were pretty damn good.

Makes me want to get into larg format photography.

I just saw his work, its on display at the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts here in Tampa for a short period.

Amazing and I appreciate the opportunity to see such pics.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back