Antarctican and Lostprophet go to the Zoo - Part 1

Antarctican

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While I was in the UK, I spent one afternoon at the London Zoo with Lostprophet.

I will give you 3 guesses which animal was the first one we visited (following the deluge of rain that fell a few minutes after we arrived)....

img5462pruy8.jpg

img5301pcrsf7.jpg

img5489pcrgb8.jpg

4. Here's the Otter King meeting with his loyal subjects. It was quite funny to see how they immediately came running over to where he was standing, and gathered just below.
img5486pcr2zv4.jpg

Number two and three are my favorites. I really like two the best, one looking at you and one away, it makes the shot look really nice. Where can I get Camo for my lenses?? :)

All I'll say is that you were lucky I even let you look at the other animals!

#2 is my fave

Lucky you's, you had the chance to meet! :meh:
I wish I had been there. I would love to see "Andy's Otters" with my own eyes for once (and maybe borrow his lens from him for a pic of them, too?) The otters not only love Andy. They love each other, too, don't they? And you, Jeanne: they pose so nicely for you, too, like in Photos 2 and 3!!!

Nice to see you, Andy!
xyxwave.gif

All I'll say is that you were lucky I even let you look at the other animals!
True. You led the tour of the zoo and 'surprise, surprise', we went by the otter enclosure twice. :lol:

Although I'm fairly happy with how these pictures turned out, they just don't seem as super sharp and detailed as the ones LP and others post. Any suggestions for improving? Is part of it due to their post-processing (which I don't really do...I just do 'auto levels' and maybe some fiddling with the contrast/brightness, although I really don't know what I'm doing and just play around with the sliders).

As for sharpness, I'm very used to the weight on those lenses I had on the day, and your not. I've got so used to the weight I can hold them pretty steady.

I always shoot in RAW so I can play with the colour and exposure if I have to, RAW gives me more control.

And I sharpen the photos, but NEVER NEVER NEVER use unsharp mask as it is just awful!

The picture of LP is perfect! :D heehee. I really like all three of your otter photos, nice.

As for sharpness, I'm very used to the weight on those lenses I had on the day, and your not. I've got so used to the weight I can hold them pretty steady.

I always shoot in RAW so I can play with the colour and exposure if I have to, RAW gives me more control.

And I sharpen the photos, but NEVER NEVER NEVER use unsharp mask as it is just awful!

usm is all I ever use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back