Antartican's mountain :)

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by megapaws, Sep 17, 2006.

1. megapaws

megapaws TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here is a view from the top of Antartican's Mountain - the Scarborough Bluffs in Toronto.

[​IMG]

And from the bottom looking up

[​IMG]

I wish that I had as nice a day here as Antartican had. Maybe next time. Open to C&C. Thanks for looking
    Suzanne

2. JTHphoto

JTHphoto TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    that looks like such a neat area - you and anty and chiller have done a wonderful job capturing it. I would love to be able to check that out someday, i'd never heard/seen of it until i started hanging around tpf. I love this place.

I especially like your second shot here... the greens with a touch of red in the corner (someone fishing?) My only tiny nitpick is that the crop/comp seems a little tight, I miss the top of the tree at the top and the wish for a little more space around the people on the right. That said, it's still a framer - love it! :thumbup:

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's Chiller's mountain, too, or has always been Chiller's and he recently introduced Anty to it?
    Anyhow, you were there, too, and I like how your captured it. Also I like your second photo. Greens. You know. Greens!!! And you were lucky to be having the persons there, one of them dressed in a nice contrasty red. It IS a bit tightly framed, yes, but... I still like it.

4. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hey Megapaws, that's a cool post...showing the top etc of the bluffs that were partially shown in one of my recent posts. Those are very nice images. It looks like you had a pretty nice day too!

Lafoto's right...it's Chiller's mountain too, as it's one of his favourite stomping grounds. [Although from our discussion while there last week of what it used to look like, I probably was there, as a kid mind you, before he was.]

5. megapaws

megapaws TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments... and I agree on the tright crop on the 2nd one. Unfortunatley, I wasn't paying enough attention when I took the shot to begin with. I didn't notice either the tree or the fishing people until I downloaded my card (alergy season - I was in daze).

Sorry to Chiller for leaving him out my mentions. I only posted this as Antarctican's Mountain because of the messages in Anty's original post. I know that this is Chiller's territory, although, like Anty, I was probably stomping those grounds before Chiller was when I was a kid. My family and I were even skunked there long ago :mrgreen:

6. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That does look like a sweet place to be. May have to fly up there someday...lol

7. lostprophet

lostprophet No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I thought it was going to be a photo of a big pile of mint-choc-chip icecream! :lol:

fantastic shots

8. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    [Oh, fun-NEE Lostprophet. :er: ]

In looking at that second picture again, it looks like you even captured two people at the top of the bluff.

And it sounds like you're another long-time Torontonian!

9. megapaws

megapaws TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes Antarctican, long-time Torontonian I am... all my 32 years :) We'll have to do a meetup at some point.
    Suzanne

10. Chiller

Chiller Mental case

Photos NOT OK to edit
    These are awesome Suzanne. Very nicely captured. Did you manage to get out on the bridge in the second shot, passed those locked gates.
    The first shot looks like it was from the top at Chine Drive.

I used to live at the top of Brimley, behind R H King Collegiate. Been there all my life. Im 43 now,and when I was a youngin, we used to carve caves in the side of the bluffs . I took a few tumbles off the side of that road, cause we used to see how far we could skateboard down that hill.:biglaugh: :biglaugh:
    We gotta do a meet up there one day, maybe when the fall colours come out.

11. megapaws

megapaws TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oops, I guess I spoke too soon. Seems that you've been stomping these grounds longer than I have afterall.

I captured the 2nd shot from the bridge, yes, but the gates weren't locked that day - well, not all of them.

1st shot was from the park at the top of the bluffs with the tennis courts. I never remember the name of the street.... but it's just off of Midland.

Me and my family used to walk along the base of the bluffs making our way through all the clay - with the occassional lost shoe. We even used to walk out the points at the top of the bluffs that are now very much corroded away. I can't believe that my parents let us do that.

Fall colours are fast approaching... me thinks a meetup is in the works for sure.