Anti shake/ vibraton compensation lens?

I'm so confused and stumped on which lens to get. I don't want to get the nifty fifty because I like to be able to zoom a bit for head shot's and then full body shot's. I just don't think it would be comfortable for me. But then I thought I would get a lens that was 17-85 or something really close to that but now I hear the image quality is bad- not sharp enough. I'm not sure what I'm going to do- any other suggestions that wont cost me an arm and a leg?

Thanks to everyone!!

IMO for 89 dollars you should still get the 50mm 1.8. If you think about it the difference between an f/3.5 and an f/1.8 is about 2 steps Which means with your zoom when you're having to shoot at 1/30th of a second, you'll now be shooting at 1/125 and blur free!

The crop on your canon will make that 50mm like an 80mm, which is ideal for what you want. And I know zooms are so versatile, but considering the prime lens is LITERALLY one-sixth of the price of the zoom you want, I REALLY think this investment, while it might not make you happier than the IS lens, will definitely improve your low-light dilemma (and for a lot cheaper, too)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back