Antigone again.

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by craig, Aug 22, 2004.

1. craig

craig TPF Noob!

The ol' girl came by to work her magic on the garden. I could not resist the photo op.

Back on earth. The shot may be a little contrived. Let me know what you think.

[​IMG]

2. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Great idea! I can't think of anything I would do different!

3. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

I don't think there is anything wrong with contrived shots. I've seen many great pictures that have been contrived. If it's a good shot I don't care how it was made.

Anyway, I like the concept you are going for here. The bright sky makes a great background to your subject. The angel is surprisingly defined with even lighting. Did you use a flash/reflector or did you just expose for the angel?

4. santino

santino TPF Noob!

oh man that's it, I love it, don't know why but I just love it! I would like to see more of these shots.

5. SWFLA1

SWFLA1 TPF Noob!

technically it's a pretty good pic.... my personal preference would have been a little tighter crop and maybe a little more saturation .... but over all...pretty good

6. craig

craig TPF Noob!

A million thanks gang!!! I used the trusty foamcore to bounce light back on to the subject. I had a teacher who felt that everything except the work of the late great Bresson was contrived. To this day his foul mouthed words (not worth repeating here) stick with me.
    Two million thanks!!! I have a couple. Some how they did not make the cut.

7. craig

craig TPF Noob!

A million thanks gang!!!
    Just for that I will check out Chase's support forum. Hopefully there is a MAC thread.:D

Harper: I used the trusty foamcore to bounce light back on to the subject. I had a teacher who felt that everything except the work of the late great Bresson was contrived. To this day his foul mouthed words (not worth repeating here) stick with me.
    Two million thanks!!! I have a couple. Some how they did not make the cut.

A million welcomes swfla1!!! I am curently battling the saturation. In my infinite wisdom I will probably battle it for a while. I will chalk one up to "more" side. I have said before that I am not cropping my photos. Maybe in the next 40 years I will have it down. Until then :?

8. judehei

judehei TPF Noob!

I think it's too centered, seems a bit.... static.....

9. craig

craig TPF Noob!

I tried to get fancy and messed up my own post. Do not get me wrong. I am not trying to post on my own post to gain posts. If that makes any sense.

Anyway, Judehei (welcome is in order) has a good point. After printing the frame and hanging it, my immediate static or contrived feeling seems to be fading. I also noticed a lot of dust on the print.