TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a panoramic i shot with my p&s at the protest in seattle on monday

stitch5small.jpg

larger view at

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/51401091/

while the crowd had paused in front of the courthouse, i snapped this series. what do you guys think of the composition? i was going for something in the range of...the streets emptying for the power of the people in front of one of the most influential buildings. i think i may have lost the charm having so few of the marchers in the photo...

anyways, comments and critiques encouraged

39 views and 0 responses...

i guess ill ask a more specific question then

anyone know a good technique to get rid of some of the distortion? i tried pinch but that was a complete failure

thanks

I dont view the distortion as a problem in this photo, and it really is pretty interesting. I wish the crowd was a little closer in but what can ya do. It is interseting to see on one side protestors, and the other side the cops. Looks like a battle is about to ensue.

The other thing that bothers me with the picture is the stitch. Right in front of the guy in the middle (with the orange vest) you can see how much lighter the ground is. A quick levels and layer mask could smooth that out and in my mind would help continue the flow of the picture.

Its intersting that you got that much distortion from multiple images... it looks like a fisheye and a single shot.

Sorry I didnt answer your question.

Sorry I didnt answer your question.

no problemo. just glad to see a different perspective on the picture. im working on trying to get all the strange junctions out, but stitching + reflection from windows on pavement + drops on the lens didnt make for the best of all pictures

the fisheye effect is from using canon photostitch. it distorts all the pictures before stitching to smooth transitions. a bit annoying when you just want a normal pan, but effective nonetheless

im surprised you didnt mention the recurring man in the black jacket...

Most reactions

Back