Any Advice will do

FieralDS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, so i've been taking pics for a little over a year now, and decided that it was finally time to try and get some constructive criticism on my shots. A little Forewarning, i resized the image, which pains me to do, especially for the second one, but i'm not sure as to the quality when it's posted. I didn't sharpen them very much (just one small time through), so i hope that the quality of my shots (or the absence therof) is still accurately conveyed. With that said, here we go!:D

This First one comes from a school video setting in a 50s Diner and i decided to have a bit of fun with my camera as we waited for the rest of the people to show up. This one is Aged for the slideshow i put together, but i decided to keep it that way because i found the look pleasing.

Majors_Diner_066_es.jpg

This next one comes from France on a rainy day. I felt the desire to capture the uniformity of water-droplets and i succeeded! :) In the full size image, you can zoom in and see the inverted reflection of myself taking the picture in one of the droplets.

Grimentzetc197.jpg

Neither have been edited in any way other than the first one being aged.

All comments are greatly Apreciated

-D. J.

P.S. I don't know why the pictures look so huge...I resized them to the proper size (these end up being 552 x 800), so if I'm doing something wrong, please inform me in what to do. Thanks!

I really like the water picture. Makes me want to go try to take pictures of water. I'd like to see a crop of the inverted image.
The first one doesn't really do it for me, I see that you went for the super shallow depth of field, but the subject matter is bland, (spoon) and kind of leaves me wondering what kind of sundae that is. Of course I could just be hungry. Anyways, that's my 2 cents.

Very original. Although approach is familiar and common (shooting wide open) the subject matter is very unique.
keep it up!!!

Most reactions

Back