any advise?

chadd7881

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got a good camera and just recently got into shooting.. can someone give me some advise these are the first set of pictures that I have edited... and all of the settings on the camera seem alittle overwhelming at first and i can already tell i need a lens upgrade 3.5-5.6/18-70 sony... well here are some pictures
CCTunnel.jpg

littlebarn.jpg

sunset1.jpg

fullwaterwheel.jpg

Last edited:
Really like the fourth one, wish the roof wasn't cut off though.

Might help get C & C if you number your images.

ok I added numbers and I added the picture on the whole roof.. is their anything that i could do to make them better?

I like the fourth one too. There's something weird about it, but good weird in my opinion.

Looks like you found an interesting historical site to photograph. Compositions are ok--pay attention to your edges. Definitely have some color cast and saturation issues. Might also want to pay attention to where you are metering in the scene. Some of the shadow areas are very dense (photos 3 and 4) and highlights are blown out. Keep playing with those settings and you'll get it right:wink:

What software are you using to edit these images?

#1 - The image is kinda flat because there isn't enough contrast in it. Looks slightly overexposed too and the greens are too saturated.

#2 - Interesting subject but not enough contrast and the greens are way oversaturated. You got some haloing going on too.

#3 - Nice subject but the far edge of the field is cutting the scene right in half. For this shot you might have placed the edge of the field at 1/3 from the bottom of the frame to give more emphasis to the sky.

#4 - Neat water mill. Strong contrasts in this image. This subject would look good as a sepia tone conversion.

Most reactions

Back