Any book recommendations???

rmh159

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'll be traveling a lot in the next few weeks and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a good book. I tend to go for dystopia type books, mysteries, etc. I'm a Stephen King, Michael Critchton fan as well as the Ender books if anyone has ever read those. Any ideas?

I'm reading 'Pillars of the Earth' by Ken Follett. I'm 70% through it, and I have a hard time putting it down...so far, it's a great read.

It's probably not your style but I have just read 'The Lies of Locke Lamora' and am currently reading the sequel 'red seas under red skies' both by Scott Lynch. Good gripping stuff, kind of crime thrillers but with a touch of high fantasy for good measure.

I'm a sucker for the classics. If I could only have 3 books for the rest of my life, it would be Moby Dick, To Kill a Mockingbird, and Last of the Mohicans.

Stephen King used to live a few houses down from me. Now he lives like, ten minutes away. He's a really nice guy. He drives a normal car, wears normal clothes, and walks more than he drives (saying a lot for Maine). He's the man. I hate his books though.

Oh, so right, you should check out Kiss Me, Judas by Will Christopher Baer. It's a mystery/noir style. It's seriously amazing.

Rollins and Preston Child has some very action packed archeological thrillers which is a rather unique combination.

skieur

Definitely not most peoples style but I still think everyone should read Dune and the entire rest of the series

i finished ender's game a few weeks ago and loved it! i have the speaker for the dead lined up...

did you read the foundation and empire series by isaac asimov?

Most reactions

Back