Any Chance for a "Foodie" sub-forum in the OTC?

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In some form or another, we all throw groceries down our neck. I know there are some TPF'rs out there that are quite the cooks.

For instance:
  • I made mushroom risotto, with heavy cream, last weekend. People say "there is no heavy cream in risotto", but it was great and I'd gladly share.
  • I'm looking to add to my cookware collection. It'd be nice to hear from my friends on TPF for their opinion.
  • Tips and Tricks for a perfect Thanksgiving Turkey! Okay, only one country does Thanksgiving like the USA...... how about a Christmas Goose?
It's was a thought tonight. Anybody else?

It's a good thought. I remember a few threads about food and cooking, and I know quite a few of us around here like to cook. I'm trying to remember who started a recipe thread....thought it was Newtricks but I looked up his threads and it wasn't him. Now this is going to bug me. I think it started out with a recipe for turkey...? Damnit!

Oh well. Anyway, as I was searching for the thread I was thinking about, I saw that there were quite a few recipe/cooking threads started, so perhaps there is enough interest to support a sub-forum.

I like to cook. Or what I mean to say is I like to eat and cooking is the way to get some tasty stuff in my gob. But it's easier to say I like to cook :)

I'd be up for sharing a few recipes anyway.

There's already been comments about the large number of sub-forums already ob the site. You might do better to just start a thread, like in the themes. Maybe start a few of them with broad categories (Veggie/Vegan, One Pot Dishes, Desserts, etc.)

Sub forum or thread whichever it is, I'll be watching. I have borrowed quite a few of the recipes folks have put on here.

The managers will probably not begin a new subforum about food or cooking, even if we claim it to be primarily about food photography, so I think we could just use a standard "search" word in the thread title.

I am one who has picked up some enthusiasm for cooking, mainly because I like to eat.

The managers will probably not begin a new subforum about food or cooking, even if we claim it to be primarily about food photography, so I think we could just use a standard "search" word in the thread title.

I am one who has picked up some enthusiasm for cooking, mainly because I like to eat.
I think if I'm not mistaken I borrowed your split pea soup recipe. My dad really likes split pea soup and I don't know if I've ever had it so I figured why not try it. I have yet to actually make it but, it's on my list of things to make.

Recently bought my first piece of All-Clad tri-ply stainless steel cookware. A 3 qt. sauce pot. Holy Bat-Chit Robin! The aluminum core makes it very reactive. Water boiled in half the time, the noodles started to over-boil and quickly dialed down the knob. If I hadn't moved the pot, not a drop would've spilled.

After searing some short ribs in a screaming hot cast iron skillet this past Tuesday, I made a marinade (paste) from tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, worchester sauce, dried herb mix, dalmatian mix (salt&pepper), braised those bad boys in the oven (starting cold) for about 4 1/2 hours at 250°. Poured off and fridged the juice and the meat. Next day pulled off the bones and removed the gristle, back in the fridge. Tonight, took the top layer hockey puck of fat from the juice and sautéed 1-1/2 onion, 15 minutes later added diced red potato with the remainder of the collected juice, then added carrot and then celery, along with a cup of beef broth. Simmered for ~1/2 hour then added the short rib back to the top of the stew. 15 minutes later the meat was hot and ready to serve in a large bowl. For S&G, lightly dusted the bowl with freshly chopped parsley.

An immersion blender can take 2lbs of boiled potatoes from solids to mash in about 30 seconds.

Just my 2¢ tonight.

Do Pop-Tarts count?

Why, yes! Yes it is! And if I understand the recipe, you have to MANUALLY cut open the frosting packet and apply that frosting to the hot Pop-Tart.

A serious chance for a misstep, if I've ever seen one.

You're confusing Pop Tarts with Toaster Strudels.

And you call yourself a chef!
cook.gif

Most reactions

Back