any Cigar Smokers here?

I assume they're just as bad for you as cigarettes?

They're something I've been interested in trying. The same for smoking, but it's something I've always said no to. Cigars would be easier for me to have a go at though for some reason.

I hate the smell of smoke on my clothes when I've been to the pub though. It gets everywhere.

I assume they're just as bad for you as cigarettes?

They're something I've been interested in trying. The same for smoking, but it's something I've always said no to. Cigars would be easier for me to have a go at though for some reason.

I hate the smell of smoke on my clothes when I've been to the pub though. It gets everywhere.

I would assume that any health issues are in the second hand smoke, which with proper ventilation shouldn't be much of a problem. Unlike cigarettes I don't directly inhale the smoke of a cigar. It's far to strong and thick. I may inhale a little remnant of a draw, but that's not as often as a cigarette.

I actually tried scotch with a fonseca last night and didn't like it. I'm afraid that for now, I'll enjoy my cigars with a glass of Baileys on the rocks.

I never liked the smell of a cigar in the past, but for some reason I'm really liking the ones I've smoked in the last few days. Maybe the cigars I've got a whiff of in the past were crappy.

I actually tried scotch with a fonseca last night and didn't like it. I'm afraid that for now, I'll enjoy my cigars with a glass of Baileys on the rocks.

I never liked the smell of a cigar in the past, but for some reason I'm really liking the ones I've smoked in the last few days. Maybe the cigars I've got a whiff of in the past were crappy.

Scotch may be a bit strong if you're not a scotcher.....try a brandy sniffer of Grand Marnier, some smokers actually dip the cut end into the brandy. Different........

I would assume that any health issues are in the second hand smoke, which with proper ventilation shouldn't be much of a problem. Unlike cigarettes I don't directly inhale the smoke of a cigar.

Don't think cigars are less dangerous than cigarettes. But in my smoking days, up till 3 years ago, I loved the occasional cigar. Never tried Cubans though, would have loved to. So enjoy!

pascal

Yeah I'm not saying they're good for you.

But the difference between something you do on occasion and don't inhale, and something you do every hour and inhale every puff has to be quite large.

Plus Cigars don't have half the chemicals that a cigarette has.

Plus Cigars don't have half the chemicals that a cigarette has.

That's the part I was wondering about.

I'm not fussed about an early death or whatever. But the time I have I'd rather not spend coughing up and having no energy. I'm bad enough for that as it is. ;)

If you're interested in something different try Drambuie. It's as strong as it is sweet. And is great mixed with Baileys. I find 70% Drambuie about best.

The old man that works in the office with me smokes mini cigars....the smell makes me sick to my stomach (literally).

For me, it's just not an attractive thing....some people seem to like the smell though.

I like me some Cao and Romeo Y Julieta cigars on occasion. :drool:
I have maybe 2 or 3 a year.
The Jimmy Buffet show and a pirate party were my two last year.

Most reactions

Back