any deals on the d500?

Mashburn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for body only. And prefer new. Unless it's a great deal with low mileage on the shutter.

But I know greentoe I can probably get it for 1800$. But is there better sites you have purchased from? Or do you know if any deals?

Sent from my XT1650 using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

I got mine refurbished from adorama for $1599. It came with a 90 day warranty and was literally in brand new condition. Shutter count out of the box was less than 1000.

I've had it for several months now and have put 15k clicks on it with zero issues. Completely satisfied with the purchase and saved a good chunk of change.

you can save some on grey market models.
refurbs, etc.

But if you want only *new* then you're close to retail on that.
Best bet is to wait for the online places etc to also include a free OEM battery grip.

When I bought my D500 I got a free D500 OEM battery grip and they threw in a D750 OEM battery grip too. Lowering my "d500 body" cost substantially if you consider the real price of the grips.

Who was 'they'? A private or commercial seller?

More than likely commercial. B&H was giving the OEM grips out with them for some time and the price was lower as well. I was mad that I missed those deals.

More than likely commercial. B&H was giving the OEM grips out with them for some time and the price was lower as well. I was mad that I missed those deals.
I was fortunate enough to have picked mine up in November for $1800 new + free OEM battery grip when they had their extended black Friday deal going on. :)

You can find them for around $1700 at places like B&H (refurbished) or KEH (used like new), and nikonrumors has had posts for gray market bodies as low as $1500 a while back.

I bought my D500 at Adorama for $1599 refurbed with only 8, yes, 8 shutter actuations on it. Of course I had to but a couple 64 gb xqd cards and a reader, which ate into my savings. I already had 2 like new 20's batteries, so now I have 3. A good deal of savings. I spent what I saved on a new Wacom Pro Tablet for working with Lightroom and Photoshop. Now for the learning curve they talk about.

I'm always scared about refurbished....... Has anyone ever had a problem out of refurbished?

Refurbished nikons are generally regarded as being as good or better than new. This is because an expert tech an nikon goes through them with a fine tooth comb and personally checks that they function well.

The majority of refurbished Nikon cameras are only refurbished because they were used as demo units and cannot be sold as new.

I'm always scared about refurbished....... Has anyone ever had a problem out of refurbished?

Refurbished nikons are generally regarded as being as good or better than new. This is because an expert tech an nikon goes through them with a fine tooth comb and personally checks that they function well.

The majority of refurbished Nikon cameras are only refurbished because they were used as demo units and cannot be sold as new.
I did not know that at all..... In that case I'm not afraid of refurbished at all. But I guess it depends on who you buy from, eh? If I go refurbished I'll go b&h or adorama.

Thank you,

I did not know that at all..... In that case I'm not afraid of refurbished at all. But I guess it depends on who you buy from, eh? If I go refurbished I'll go b&h or adorama.

Thank you,

That's what I'd reccomend. And make sure it's manufacturer refurbished and not seller refurbished.

When I got mine adorama was $100 cheaper than BH.

Most reactions

Back