Any good brand for Speedlight?

Well Canon 430EX2 is a very fine speedlite.

The 580EX2 is discontinued but high grade, more power and some easier controls than the 430; meanwhile the new 600 flash units have radio control built in (meaning you can use two or more in a radio flash setup - or use the control unit and a flash to have remote radio control without needing a flash on the camera)

I have been very happy with my Yongnuo 568EX flashes.
I also picked up a Neewer 750II TTL flash recently ($60 new) and was actually impressed by it.

I purchased a Yongnuo 568EX for mostly off camera work but wanted something that I could also use a back up to my SB-800.

I am very pleased with this purchase. For the money you cannot go wrong. I is noticeably larger than my Nikon but that doesn’t matter to me.

About the only thing that it is lacking is HHS. If you do not have much of a call for HSS then you will be very happy with this unit.

I purchased a Yongnuo 568EX for mostly off camera ......

About the only thing that it is lacking is HHS. If you do not have much of a call for HSS then you will be very happy with this unit.

The YN-568 does have HSS actually. The YN-565 does not. The only thing missing for the YN-568 is an external battery port and Master Commander mode.

Really a solid flash for the price.

I have the Metz 58 AF and 50 AF and I've been very happy with them.

Depends on what or should I say how you are going to use it. TTL. The Canon will do you just fine. No TTL, mostly off camera, buy as cheap as possible. My set up is two 580 EXII's & 4 Sunpak 383's, (no longer made). Most of the time I am off camera manual mode so the Sunpak's mixed with the 580's do just fine.

Would love to have a couple of 600's but since I have a nice supply of Pocketwizards I'm good.

Most reactions

Back