Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any idea what this is?

PA300004-Edit.jpg

yes, it's a sound block for a gavel to strike! (not that anyone has ever stuck one in my presence ;) )

I would venture to say walnut?

yes, it's a sound block for a gavel to strike! (not that anyone has ever stuck one in my presence ;) )

I would venture to say walnut?

Interesting take but no, not a sound block & not Walnut. It is fabricated from a soft wood, likely pine but it is well aged to give it that walnut colour (patina).

It is a frame turned upside down, the eye hooks are on the sides for hanging.

It is a frame turned upside down, the eye hooks are on the sides for hanging.

I was tempted to remove the eye hooks to make it more difficult but - - -

Here it is from the face. It is a pic of some relative but nobody now living knows who.

PA300004-2-Edit.jpg

I would have still know it, I frame things for a living. lol The holes would have still been present anyways so anyone could have guessed it. :)

I like these what is it games. I used to have a doctor friend that would go to auctions and buy the oddest things that he came across, not knowing what it was and then bring it to me to be identified, I did fairly well on first tries, but I could always give him an answer by the next time we met.

As mater of speculation, due to the clothing on the woman, it may be my paternal grandmother's grandmother, Lady Drinkwater. She was disgraced for marrying a commoner named Jones & they moved from England to Canada & settled next to a waterfall near Owen Sound Ontario. To this day, the site is known as Jones Falls.

Waterfalls | City of Owen Sound

Neat, that frame took some time to make.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back