Any ideas on lighting technique?

pegjam

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey all! I'm a big fan of the main image that Markese Photography is using at:

http://www.myspace.com/markesephotography

Any ideas on what lighting technique he is using here? I'd love to try it myself.

Thanks!

lol... which ONE picture are you talking about? Every pic is ENTIRELY different... from basic off camera flash to advanced PS greenscreening techniques.

You want a single answer to respond to a question that could take 20 books to complete! ;)

You can start by learning how to decipher light by reading up on how to do this on the www.strobist.com site.

I was just referring to his main image. The one of Raquel Gibson, with the green background.

Advanced lighting techniques AND tons of photoshop greenscreen effects. Sincerely, this is not something that can be discted and a how-to give to you in a simple post.

Take the initiative, start with the link that I gave you above... start there, then learn PS greenscreening and other PS techniques. If it was easy, everyone could do it in 3 seconds. Fact is... its not easy... lol

gee... thanks.

Sucks to ask to be spoon fed and suddenly find that there is ACTUAL work involved, huh? :lol:

dude... if you don't know the answer to the question or just don't like the question, why bother to respond? i mean, do you really think you're being helpful by saying he used "advanced lighting techniques"? no crap he used advanced lighting techniques. i wonder if the rest of your +1500 responses on this site were so value added.

haha... what can I say... I see lazyness, and it brings out the worst in me. Now, if you had put as much effort going to the link I gav you ORIGINALLY, as you do wasting time on this thread, you would be a good ways into already knowing what to do for a start. ;)

Makes me wonder if when you go pee... do you ask if someone can hold it for you... lol.

you really need to get laid.

go poop on someone else's thread.

i mean, seriously... according to you, everyone should be reading books instead of asking questions on this forum. because asking for advice is "lazy."

I think what the guy is trying to say is you need to walk before you can run. The link he provided to The Strobist is a good place to start learning about lighting. The picture you are referring to is done with a very advanced lighting system and not one that a post on a forum is going to instruct you to use but The Strobist is a good place to start.

why was he assuming that I don't know how to walk? because i asked for advice on a light setup? this IS my first time on this forum, but I'm pretty sure i clicked on the link for the "beyond the basics"

Looks to me like a 3 or 4 light setup, most likely 2 softboxes one light with gels and barn doors and a background light/hair light. Looks like it was shot on a green screen with heavy photoshot editing.
I hope that helps

Hair light on the right...maybe bare. It looks a little harsh...and a strip light on the right. Or it could be something completely different.

why was he assuming that I don't know how to walk? because i asked for advice on a light setup? this IS my first time on this forum, but I'm pretty sure i clicked on the link for the "beyond the basics"

Becuase the question you asked requires more info than can be given in a single post. You obviously can't "walk" becuase, if you did... you could figure it out yourself (reverse engineer how the lighting was created). On the strobist "Lighting 101" link that I first mentioned, they tell you how to do that... in nauseating detail!

You were too lazy to even go and find that out yourself. Seems you went and "pooped" in your own thread and yourself there dude. Would you like someone here to hand hold you to show you how to find that link on the strobist site, perchance?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back