Any ideas? Valley Landscape

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by OBrien, Jun 16, 2005.

1. OBrien

OBrien TPF Noob!

I wonder if anyone can come up with suggestions about this? I have tried to photograph this waterfall and valley a couple of times, and haven't been all that happy with the results. I've been a bit unlucky with light, as it has turned grey and overcast before I got there. Access isn't great either. But it's a pretty wild, spectacular place, and I just don't seem to be able to capture that properly. I thought about cropping a little bit of the left side and some of the sky, but am not sure about it. Got that blown out sky problem again too.... D70, 18-70mm at 25mm. Shot as a JPEG, F16, 1/200 (it was windy), ISO200. Thanks!

[​IMG]

2. spiralout

spiralout TPF Noob!

I honestly like the overcast sky. You can vaguely see the cloud patterns on the ground and it really gives it a wonderful mood. I agree that the sky could use a bit of cropping.

3. ClarkKent

ClarkKent TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I personally like this capture. I think you did a great job in capturing the colour.

4. Ghoste

Ghoste TPF Noob!

I like this photo alot, and the color is great. But since you seemed to be annoyed by the dark overcast sky remember that, that kind of atmosphere makes for some great black and white photos =D