Any input on this?

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by Andrew Snyder, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Andrew Snyder

Andrew Snyder TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I had this idea and then changed it and changed it again and ended up shooting this. Wanted to kinda convey "ehh coming home from the office, ****ty day, whatever". Not what I saw in my head but kind of a weird outcome. I was SOAKED by the time I finished. Self portait, 4 second shutter, F2.8. Had my girlfriend hit me with an off camera flash from off the to the left. Dressed up all nice and everything. Wait for the sequel though. It's gonna be a lot better.
    [​IMG]

2. Andrew Snyder

Andrew Snyder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I posted it in Snapshots & Bloopers cause it definitely didn't come out the way I thought but I wanna see what people think.

3. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I have merged the two threads, so what used to be in Snapshots is now part of your thread here in Photo Critique, Andrew.

Myself I can say only little about your project other than that I find it interesing but don't quite get what your transparency wants to tell us. OK, you are describing what you wanted to express, but why making yourself transparent? And why so far away in the frame? Why so many other things in the frame which only distract. A crop would DEFINITELY help this one here, but I still don't get how that transparency is conveying "***tty day today again" ?

4. Znarled

Znarled TPF Noob!

Hey I like it. . .

note to self: play with long exposure more often

5. blooper

blooper TPF Noob!

hm.. was this photoshopped together? probably want to make your shirt a little more transparent, if thats what youre going for. and change the color of it a little bit warmer cuz its blasting alot of white. kinda cool tho. you sure you want that car in the back ground like that?

6. cosmonaut

cosmonaut No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like the concept, but the backgroung has to much going on, it's to busy. Any you need to be just a little closer to the camera, but I love the idea. Great thinking on your part with the flash and all. Also there is to much dead foreground space.
    Cosmo