Any Keh buyers here?

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just getting a quick opinion from anyone here who's bought from Keh before. I'm in the market for a unique second hand flash, it's listed on Keh as EX and EX+. The flash is somewhat sensitive in it's use so I really NEED one that's in excellent condition.

What are your dealings with Keh like? They a good "safe" place to buy from?

I've bought several items from them, no problems ! I just picked up a used lens that was listed as EX and it looks like a new lens. Their used products are usually in better shape than they rate them. They have a good rating @ www.resellersratings.com . I wouldn't be afraid to buy from them.

I too have purchased EX grade stuff from KEH and have no complaints.

As it is, they have a very reasonable return policy.

I've bought a few things from them. Everything was great, and I'll definitely be shopping there again.

Item condition was always better than I was expecting.

edit
The 1N RS I bought there was BGN rated. I really can't figure out why...
It's damn near perfect. There are a few tiny cosmetic flaws (small dings in the plastic), but other than that it's perfect. Even the viewfinder is dust free.

I took what I thought was a gamble on buying the BGN rated one for half the price of the EX one, and I'm glad I did. I don't think it would even be possible for the EX one to be "twice as good" as the one I got. Maybe if it was still in the unopened box, but short of that...?

I won't hesitate to buy from KEH again, and I won't hesitate to buy BGN rated stuff either.

Last edited:
yes, and a lot of my students as well, never an issue

I just purchased a used Lens from them their grading was EX it should arrive on Wednesday. I can't wait to receive it my 50-200.

I have several items from them as well. They are known to rate the items lower than they actually are! I have heard from many people buying the lower rated stuff and being absolutely giddy over the actual condition of the items. I know you are a very long distance call away. But they will tell you the reason for the rating on a particular item if you call and ask for information on it.

My only complaint is they do not have a showroom. My main work base is in Atlanta and am currently in Atlanta right now. Of course that is probably a good thing as I would not have any money if they did have a showroom that I could just pop in anytime I wanted too. :lol:

I bought a Nikon AF-S 300mm F/2.8 from KEH that literally just arrived today. I was EXTREMELY pleased...I was very nervous because it was listed in BGN (bargain, which is described as 70-79% of the original condition)...I must say, for a litte under $2600 shipped, I made out EXTREMELY well. Even though there is some brassing and a few scratches, this thing looks absolutely wonderful...See the photos below.

I had actually called them and asked if there was any way they could get a photo of the actual lens...The gentleman was extremely nice, and said he was sorry but he was not where the inventory was located, so I'm not sure how they manage their inventory, but I must say this site has instantly became THE place of where I will buy my equipment from now on. There was a lens that was in worse condition than this on Ebay for over $2700 with a duck taped lens hood that I was considering, but I am definitely happy I went with KEH.

_DSC7126.jpg

_DSC7125.jpg

_DSC7124.jpg

Bah I get many catalogues. Seems like every company these days wants to send some. Like Agilent... As if I have $400000 to blow on a spectrum analyser. :lmao:

Heavens! You don't already have a spectrum analyser? How do you manage? ;)

I'll bet you don't have a gas chromatograph either. :lol:

Nope, but since I did my research in electrical / optical they probably didn't put me on the chemistry mailing list :lmao:

And just to bring this thread a bit more off-topic, Agilent make some very VERY nice gas chromatographs. Our refinery's lab almost exclusively now buys GCs from Agilent.

Most reactions

Back