Any Major Differences Besides Price?

chrisburke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.chrisburke.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey All, wondering if there are any major differences between the Nikon D90 and the Canon 5dMKll? I know the price is considerably difference (canon is almost double the nikon) but what are the major differences? the both do incredible video which is cool... but whats the diff in them>?

I think one of the MAJOR different is the sensor size. 5D MKII has a full frame sensor.

The biggest difference is that the Canon has a full frame sensor while the Nikon is a 'crop' sensor.
Besides that, the Nikon shoots at 12MP and the Canon does 21MP.

Side by Side comparison

I think that Canon compares more relationally to the Nikon D700. No?

I thought the D90 was more like the 50D?

i agree, that was the impression i've been under

for sure..... two different beasts.... i think chris is comparing for the video feature... which I didn't even know the canon had until now...

yea, i'm looking at getting the D90... it just seems like the right camera for me.. I mean, I dont need the video feature as I have a Sony DCR VX1000 video camera, but its just a neat feature.. theres lots of other great stuff about it i like

yea, i'm looking at getting the D90... it just seems like the right camera for me.. I mean, I dont need the video feature as I have a Sony DCR VX1000 video camera, but its just a neat feature.. theres lots of other great stuff about it i like

hmm well if you aren't looking at it for the video feature, i would consider the d200 possibly? according to b&h they're the same price for body only. i haven't read much about the d90 though, so there could possibly be some cool new features about it, but it is something i would probably consider

hmm well if you aren't looking at it for the video feature, i would consider the d200 possibly? according to b&h they're the same price for body only. i haven't read much about the d90 though, so there could possibly be some cool new features about it, but it is something i would probably consider

or you could pick up a used D300 for around $1200....

The 5D and the D90 are not really comparable cameras. If you are looking to do sports work then something in the Canon 50D/ Nikon D300 range might suit you well.

If you're looking to spend, a Canon 1D mark III (or a used 1D mark II) or a Nikon D3 (or used D2h or x) would suit you very well.

Most reactions

Back