Any Motorcycles riders out there?

jacsul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,
I'm planning a ride once the weather warms up a bit. It's a scenic tour along the Delaware river with mountain peaks and winding roads.

I'm looking for a set-up where I can keep my gear slung by my side while I ride. The Black Rapid RS-4 seems like it should fit the bill, but I'd like to hear if anyone else has done a similar ride and what set-up they've used.

Jack

Sorry, my bike is up for sale so I may obtain a new lens :D Anyways I never brought my gear with me when I did ride.

Sorry only take a P&S when i ride.

personal feelings about riding, but I try to keep as little attached to my body as possible when I ride, other than riding gear. Think of if someone hits you and you land with your camera, which is on your hip, or on your back. not only are you trashing your gear (which is trashed either way,) but you are increasing the chance for broken bones, or spinal cords which could lead to permenent paralise.

again, thats just my feelings, so take them as you will. I think the best idea is a p&s stuck under your back seat... if you have any room back there.

I wouldn't feel good Riding while wearing a camera, even the small weight shift would bother me around corners. I personally would want a small top loading case that I could strap to the back of my seat, although that's where I strap my pelican laptop case right now.

I don't figure on taking photos while actually riding the bike, that's more dangerous than texting. I figure a top loading case, basically a holster would work best. It would be real easy if you have a sissy bar. Side stand down, Swing right leg off bike, Reach right hand into camera case, Snap. It would be about a 3 second maneuver.

Ive got a Case logic bag that I use when I ride. I ride a cbr so the rear seat sits a bit higher than mine so I needed a smaller bag that wouldn't rest on it and this bag works perfectly with a sternum strap so it wont go anywhere. When I know im going to go for a spirited ride I wont take the cameras, in fear of falling on them but other than that I feel pretty comfortable. Ive currently got all my gear listed below in it.

Keep your gear packed while riding. Think safety 1st.

Keep it on two!

Yeah, I'd definitely put it in a camera backpack or securely bungie a camera bag(with sufficient padding) onto the tail. Think of it like gearing up a passenger.

Gotta shield it from the rocks, insects and other elements.

I almost always have a camera of some kind when riding, however it rides in a saddle bag. Here's my ride:

2007 Streetglide

new_signature.jpg

I would sell all my photography stuff to keep on riding.

Im with you on that! I nearly always have my point and shoot with me when I ride. If I do take my DSLR with me its in a small Lowpro bag that will only hold minimal equipment. The last thing i want to do if i go down is have to replace everything that i find it hard to live without. (body parts,Bike,Camera gear)

I don't know what you ride, but there are several types of RAM mounts if you want to shoot while moving. A remote release velcroed near a handgrip for thumb actuation is handy. Winding and hilly routes are not the wisest places to learn this technique. If you just want your gear close, try a tank bag. You can pull over, grab your camera and take the shot without leaving the saddle.

I've done both. The sittin' still shots are always better.

all the best

Most reactions

New Topics

Back