any one have any experience or knowledge of healing stones or crystals,how they work? mixing differ

pjaye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for any information.

And for the inevitable comments, if you don't believe or want to ridicule, please move on. I'm going through through so much right now need to try this... thank you

If you believe...

Of course there's no scientific data to back up any claims of healing powers.

You can't ask the question but then say no naysayers. I love rocks, crystals are cool, beautiful even.

Hope it works out for you Barb :icon_thumright:

I have a very dear and good friend who believes in crystals. Conventional physics and chemistry say that crystals have no "rays" or "vibrations" or ways of helping the healing process. However, we should not be so arrogant as to assume that our knowledge is complete and all-encompassing. Do not also discount the placebo effect, where people experience physiological reactions to drugs they believe they are taking, even while the "pills" are actually only sugar pills. The mind is a powerful force, and if the crystals help you harness its power, then they may help you. On the other hand, as someone with scientific training, the only way to know if something is truly effective, is to use a double-blind method of testing with a large enough population sample.

I believe that any "power" the crystals may have actually comes from the act of meditation. If they can help someone get into a meditative state and do so on a regular basis, then yes, they can have healing powers. There IS scientific evidence that shows the benefits, even restorative powers, of meditation.

All of creation has life force. All things vibrate at differing levels. Has to do with atomic structure. Can stones heal. Probably as much as prayer, or any system that is belief based.
On a different level, we barely understand things, on this perceived level of existence, much less all that exist else where. Just rambling. Ed

I love crystals!! We have a ton and my kids love going to the rock store to pick new ones out. I am not going to say I believe in the healing powers. But I it's fun to read up on them and I do know a bit. My son actually just requested a new pink Quartz (love rock) to out by his bed to keep away bad dreams. (3 yrs).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interestingly enough the placebo effect works whither you know about it or not.

Barb, if you need to try it go ahead. But be fully aware that its either been proven not to work or not been proven to work.

Please also be aware that there is a real danger in alternative therapies that treatment that can be of quantifiable , measureable benefit is sometimes dismissed and or there are people out there that would say anything to fleece you of hard earned cash.

There is also a lot of misinformation out there particularly about medicine and physiology.

Saying that there should be no particular harm from "healing stones" or "crystals" as long as they are used conventionally with a bit of "common sense" and don't affect you seeking treatment or dismissing the advice of a medical professional.

I am on our companies critical incident stress management team.
Its a "diffuser" position, not quite a "counseling" or "debriefing" position. our job is to listen, and to normalize.
Should you, at any time, feel the need to talk to someone, I am more than happy to PM you my number.

I side with science, HOWEVER, I have seen some things happen that defy conventional thought and science. I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything.

Hoping things work out for you.

You should pick a system, or invent your own. What makes sense to you, what feels right? What power crystals have is intimately connected to what's in you. If it feels right, it is right.

My partner has crystals, she has had diabetes since she was 3 and this year had to have a triple heart bypass so they do work

They are as effective as any other placebo. Which actually work in a small percentage of cases, the mind is not a very stable platform and easily tricked. So, what the hey...twirling rocks may help.

Thank you everyone for your comments. I'm sorry if my initial post sounded b*tchy, it wasn't intended. I just didn't want this to turn into a debate of science vs. nature.

If you believe...

Of course there's no scientific data to back up any claims of healing powers.

You can't ask the question but then say no naysayers. I love rocks, crystals are cool, beautiful even.

Trevor, you're right. And I apologize for the tone of my message. I wrote it last night as I was in severe pain, as I have been for the last month or so. I'm frustrated and that came through in my post. I wasn't trying to exclude naysayers although that was definitely how the post sounded.

Hope it works out for you Barb :icon_thumright:
Thanks Bill. Something has to eventually work right? And I'm so tired of all the meds I take that don't seem to do anything.

I have a very dear and good friend who believes in crystals. Conventional physics and chemistry say that crystals have no "rays" or "vibrations" or ways of helping the healing process. However, we should not be so arrogant as to assume that our knowledge is complete and all-encompassing. Do not also discount the placebo effect, where people experience physiological reactions to drugs they believe they are taking, even while the "pills" are actually only sugar pills. The mind is a powerful force, and if the crystals help you harness its power, then they may help you. On the other hand, as someone with scientific training, the only way to know if something is truly effective, is to use a double-blind method of testing with a large enough population sample.
I like to think I'm very open minded. After dealing with chronic pain for so long, I have to do something else. I believe they may help, and was looking for others experience.

I believe that any "power" the crystals may have actually comes from the act of meditation. If they can help someone get into a meditative state and do so on a regular basis, then yes, they can have healing powers. There IS scientific evidence that shows the benefits, even restorative powers, of meditation.

That makes a lot of sense.

All of creation has life force. All things vibrate at differing levels. Has to do with atomic structure. Can stones heal. Probably as much as prayer, or any system that is belief based.
On a different level, we barely understand things, on this perceived level of existence, much less all that exist else where. Just rambling. Ed

Thanks. It can't hurt to believe and try right?

Interestingly enough the placebo effect works whither you know about it or not.

Barb, if you need to try it go ahead. But be fully aware that its either been proven not to work or not been proven to work.

Please also be aware that there is a real danger in alternative therapies that treatment that can be of quantifiable , measureable benefit is sometimes dismissed and or there are people out there that would say anything to fleece you of hard earned cash.

There is also a lot of misinformation out there particularly about medicine and physiology.

Saying that there should be no particular harm from "healing stones" or "crystals" as long as they are used conventionally with a bit of "common sense" and don't affect you seeking treatment or dismissing the advice of a medical professional.

I have no intention of dismissing the advice of my doctor. Not at all. I have an amazing physician who is working very hard with me to deal with some of the health issues. I also have no intention of stopping the meds I am on, or to change the lifestyle choices I have implemented with his consent to try to help things. I'm more looking for something to complement what he and I are doing. I bought the stones last night from a woman who, gave off a very good vibe. She talked with me, made some suggestions, and then let me choose what I wanted to do. I'm just frustrate that these health issues aren't getting any better.

I am on our companies critical incident stress management team.
Its a "diffuser" position, not quite a "counseling" or "debriefing" position. our job is to listen, and to normalize.
Should you, at any time, feel the need to talk to someone, I am more than happy to PM you my number.
You Sir, are awesome. Thank you. I'm ok, sort of. I'm incredibly stressed and hurting this last month and nothing seems to be helping. I'd love to have your number so I'd have someone to talk to.

I side with science, HOWEVER, I have seen some things happen that defy conventional thought and science. I will keep an eye out and let you know if I see anything.

Hoping things work out for you.

Thank you. I believe in science, without a doubt. But I'm also will to believe in other things that may or may not be proven with science.

You should pick a system, or invent your own. What makes sense to you, what feels right? What power crystals have is intimately connected to what's in you. If it feels right, it is right.
Thank you. I have been working for years to deal with some of the health issues, and recently for the pain in the arms. I'm just trying anything that I think may help and I've always believe in science and nature.

My partner has crystals, she has had diabetes since she was 3 and this year had to have a triple heart bypass so they do work
Thank you. Does your partner perhaps have some resources that they would be willing to share. I'm not sure where to begin looking into this although I have bought the stones. There are soooo many books out there. Just not sure where to start.

They are as effective as any other placebo. Which actually work in a small percentage of cases, the mind is not a very stable platform and easily tricked. So, what the hey...twirling rocks may help.

Most reactions

Back