Any other Paleo eaters in here?

JustJazzie

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Editing because I am not looking for medical advice, we see a professional for that.

Last edited:
I LOVE dinosaur meat!!! I eat it all the time!

I LOVE dinosaur meat!!! I eat it all the time!
Would you mind shipping me some of those bones for my dogs?! They'd be in heaven, and I'd save a ton on their daily bone allowance.

Sorry, not me. A Paleo diet is almost an anathema to a vegetarian. I say "almost" only because I sometimes eat fish so I'm an "almost" vegetarian ;)

Favorite recipe;
Steak….over fire. Flip when it stops mooing.

Sorry, not me. A Paleo diet is almost an anathema to a vegetarian. I say "almost" only because I sometimes eat fish so I'm an "almost" vegetarian ;)
Hey now, we both eat lots of veggies. We can still be friends! ;-) recipes for side dishes still appreciated. Just no peanuts, soy, dairy, gluten, teff of buckwheat please. ;-)

Hey now, we both eat lots of veggies. We can still be friends! ;-) recipes for side dishes still appreciated. Just no peanuts, soy, dairy, gluten, teff of buckwheat please. ;-)

Yes, we share the veggies in common. You all can have my portion of meat ;)

As for recipes, does quinoa or amaranth have a place in the diet? How about legumes? Sweet potato? I tend to make lots of crock pot meals that involve veggies and beans and I often use Indian spices. Any of that sound good? Curried chick peas with sweet potato, for example?

I'm not, sorry to say. The cost per meal for potatoes, beans, rice - which I think isn't allowed? - and wheat is just too good. But I also don't have Celiac's or lactose intolerance like those who might benefit from the diet.

I just try to balance things the best I can, although I probably eat too many pickles because vinegar is my favorite food group.

Right now I'm trying to eat more probiotic and fermented things because some antibiotics I've been taking have really messed with my digestion. It's been a bit tough since I can hardly eat yogurt without gagging.

Last edited:
Check out The PALEOdiet by Daniel Green.
I'll check it out! Thanks.

As for recipes, does quinoa or amaranth have a place in the diet? How about legumes? Sweet potato? I tend to make lots of crock pot meals that involve veggies and beans and I often use Indian spices. Any of that sound good? Curried chick peas with sweet potato, for example?
unfortunately most of those are all out right now due to the high carb count. Sweet potato is allowed though! And while my son can't have it, I have yet to give up my hummus.
Funny, my friend (who has been a vegetarian since middle school) said her boss was trying to talk her into going paleo and she was considering it. I told her I didn't think you could healthily combine those diets. I think you've elaborated on how different they really are!

I'm not, sorry to say. The cost per meal for potatoes, beans, rice - which I think isn't allowed? - and wheat is just too good. But I also don't have Celiac's or lactose intolerance like those who might benefit from the diet.

I just try to balance things the best I can, although I probably eat too many pickles because vinegar is my favorite food group.

Right now I'm trying to eat more probiotic and fermented things because some antibiotics I've been taking have really messed with my digestion. It's been a bit tough since I can hardly eat yogurt without gagging.
yes, no grains or legumes allowed. Starch in low moderation. I try to NOT look at the register when we check out for groceries on this diet. We did a month of costco shopping a few weeks ago and I went weak in the knees when the total came up. But, my son has shown such improvement since switching that we couldn't ethically go back. And it's got to be cheaper than medical bills and medications for his list of ailments right?!

Pickles have been on my list of foods to learn how to make for quite some time now! Yum! Have you started brewing Kombucha yet? It's a favorite in our house!

have a child that might be in somewhat a similar situation. Haven't tried a paleo diet. Almond milk, limit sugar intake, lots of probiotics and a doc med so far. Difficult as i would like to try something healthier (like all food is processed and has chemicals in it now) but trying to go fully organic would be a challenge.

Check out The PALEOdiet by Daniel Green.
I'll check it out! Thanks.

unfortunately most of those are all out right now due to the high carb count. Sweet potato is allowed though! And while my son can't have it, I have yet to give up my hummus.
Funny, my friend (who has been a vegetarian since middle school) said her boss was trying to talk her into going paleo and she was considering it. I told her I didn't think you could healthily combine those diets. I think you've elaborated on how different they really are!

yes, no grains or legumes allowed. Starch in low moderation. I try to NOT look at the register when we check out for groceries on this diet. We did a month of costco shopping a few weeks ago and I went weak in the knees when the total came up. But, my son has shown such improvement since switching that we couldn't ethically go back. And it's got to be cheaper than medical bills and medications for his list of ailments right?!

Pickles have been on my list of foods to learn how to make for quite some time now! Yum! Have you started brewing Kombucha yet? It's a favorite in our house!
not even sure what i would give my kid for breakfast on it? NO cereals, no eggs, is bread even allowed? what would i even make for breakfast?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back