Any photographer knows martial art?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
After the rough incident I had, I have been looking options for martial art class. I'm thinking about learning Krav Maga or other mixed martial arts, Kempo, or just karate. Hopefully, I will be like Van Damme in no time, kicking someone's butt for messing with me. Well, just for defending myself. I have reading about the histories of these martial arts, and these are very interesting.

Any of the martial arts are good. I suggest you read up on them and get a feel for what's best for you. If your undecided, stop in at a few of them and ask the Sensei. I chose to learn Isshin-Ryu.

The Meaning of Isshinryu

I don't know Marshall Art but I know Bob Smith quite well.

Any of the martial arts are good. I suggest you read up on them and get a feel for what's best for you. If your undecided, stop in at a few of them and ask the Sensei. I chose to learn Isshin-Ryu.

The Meaning of Isshinryu

That was the style I studied for a little while in college.

I know Karate, Jujitsu, Taekwondo, Judo, Aikido, Muay Tai, Kung fu and a whole lot of other oriental words. Probably because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

I did actually study Aikido. I prefer it over the others for the spiritual mentality as well as the physicality.

The Meaning of Isshinryu

That was the style I studied for a little while in college.

Cool. It's a wonderful art form. It fit me well but it takes a lot of work and discipline. It really changed my life mentally. I grew up in a hard way and started out as a survival solution but I discovered early on that my way with dealing was the issue. It taught me how to use my heart as opposed to my head, help others, become one. If that failed, then subdue the attack with decisive submission. In other words, make them want to stop before you really hurt them. When someone gets a one two precise blow with isometric force, they understand quickly, they made a poor choice. This way, things are harmonic in nature and no one is badly injured. The attacker is left with only his own thoughts of his actions, potentially harmonizing the future.

I wrestled in high school and I've taken Tae Kwon Do. Tae Kwon Do is a very aggressive form of martial arts ... if I could do it again I'd look into something with less attack and more defensive.

I agree 100%, I can wear out a TKD faster than he can hurt me.

I studied Muay Thai, Judo, BJJ and Kenpo for many years and have studied with many people.
Good to learn how to defend yourself but there are many ways. Each of them have their benefits.
Research something near you and find something and someone that you feel comfortable with.

Martial Arts - I used to draw tanks and bombers when I was in elementary school.

Most reactions

Back