Any photoshop guru's?

Just curious, but if you are working in a place that requires you to do photoshop-related stuff, why dont you have it?

Unfortunately, no. My boss asked me if I was good with touching up photos and such. I use photoshop all the time, but I am at work.

Can anyone help?

-Dan

Here you go, but don't expect any more favours ;)

chair.jpg

my guess is that he used a quick mask and then overlayed it with a color... but im not too sure, i'm interested to know your technique as well =]

Yeah, I think that's about a 2-minute job at the most.

5-minute job (I'll send you the bill).

1. Duplicate the layer, and apply a very rough layer mask with the lasso tool.
  2. Add a hue/saturation adjustment layer. Click 'Colorize' and adjust the settings to however you want (0, 47,+7 in this case).
  3. Brush out anything you don't want using a black brush at 95% hardness and at whichever size fits.

The last part is where the time lies. Everything else can be done in under a minute.

Thank you very much for doing this.

I thought it would be easier to do though, unless i'm missing something... When i go to the lasso tool it basically takes for ever, and I have to be so careful. Is there an easier way of selected just the chairs?

-Dan

polygon lasso would be easy with all the straight edges

Looks a bit over-saturated now, but you're getting the hang of it :)

Most reactions

Back