Any recommended photography schools in so. california

gabriel333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi. I'd like to hear from anyone who has a recommendation for a photography school (or college course) in either Orange County, San Bernardino County, or eastern Los Angeles County (like Covina, Industry, etc.)

I would like to take a course or two first to see if this will be a good career choice for me, and then going the full nine yards with a good school.

I would also like to know if people who do the hiring generally care more about the quality of a portfolio or the name of the school you went to.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel

Brooks in Santa Barbara is supposed to be one of the best, if you can afford it. Also might be a bit further then you want to travel.
Ed

Brooks in Santa Barbara is supposed to be one of the best, if you can afford it. Also might be a bit further then you want to travel.
Ed

Brooks Institute of Photography

Like the man says, one of the best.

Also not in your requested neighborhoods is UCLA, which offers a series of very strong Extension courses.

You also ought to take a look at Julia Dean Workshops.

Southern California offers you some of the best photography programs in the world, but not in Covina, Berdoo, or East LA. You'll have to drive to the West Side, but it is worth it.

Ed

I actually just got into their film program (ventura campass) and will be attending July of '08 :D

Everything about my Brooks experience so far has been fantastic. I've been talking to an admissions rep for a few months now and she is so so so helpful, the entire school really is just so helpful. All the staff are working professionals so they know what they are doing and everything.

The other nice thing about them is it's a 3 year year round program but you still get your BA. That means you just get to enter the work force that much ahead of everyone else.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back