Any SLR camera sales for BLACK FRIDAY?

a1157814a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've been searching on many electronic stores' website/catalogs like Walmart, Target, BestBuy, etc etc. but none of them seem to have any SLR cameras on sale for black friday?
Does anyone know if any store does have sales?

http://www.theblackfriday.com/ritzcamera_blackfriday.shtml

Canon XS w/ kit lens $600
Nikon D80 w/ kit lens $650

Not sure how that compares to "normal" prices...

Click on some of the other stores on that page too - most of the electronics stores seem to have SLR sales as well.

OK, don't buy from there... I just did a quick check at B&H to compare prices (link at top of page if you don't have it already). Canon XS w/ kit lens is $480 there. Didn't check, but Nikon prices should be just as low.

Not familiar with the XS (1000D), but I think the D80 is probably a 'better' camera if you're not already committed to a brand.

Last edited:
yea check out ritz camera

Last edited:
The day after thanksgiving is the unofficial 'start' to the Christmas shopping season in the US. Stores take advantage of this by opening early and offering sometimes ludicrous deals to get people in the door.

People camp out overnight/get up early/trample each other to get at said deals.

It's kinda like the running of the bulls, but with middle-aged mothers making up the bulk of the crowds, and all done in the name of the almighty dollar.

Wolf / Ritz, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Circuit City, HH Gregg, probably many others ...

Both Nikon and Canon have flyers in Thursday Newspaper about Black Friday Sales.

check out ritz camera
The link & prices I posted above were for ritz camera. B&H has much better prices...

(Did anyone look at my link? It is litterally ALL of the black friday ads...)

Last edited:
i looked at it... i just bought another external hard drive! so thank you sir lol

one word thats better than black friday.... eBAY!!!

Got Rebel XS from BuyDig.com for $468. USA Model, no grey market stuff.

Can someone explain Black Friday to me please.

Its a US thing. Generally its called Black Friday because as a whole, the retail market posts a profit (for the first time of the year) and sets the stage for the remainder of the year for the industry. This is in addition to someone's post above. Btw, Black = profit - Red = in the hole.

-JD-

The day after thanksgiving is the unofficial 'start' to the Christmas shopping season in the US. Stores take advantage of this by opening early and offering sometimes ludicrous deals to get people in the door.

People camp out overnight/get up early/trample each other to get at said deals.

It's kinda like the running of the bulls, but with middle-aged mothers making up the bulk of the crowds, and all done in the name of the almighty dollar.

a woman miscarried and a worker died at walmart, and two guys shot each other at toys r us this year.

I am trying to find the best price I can get on a new Nikon D40. Does anyone know of any good sites or cyber monday ads?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back