Any Spanish-speaking people around?

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Would there be anyone around here who could tell me if there are Spanish versions for the computer terms
font
printer-friendly
file menu

and
page setup
around?

Would be of GREATEST help to me right now!!!!

No one???
I'm despairing over these!!!
confused-smiley-013.gif
confused-smiley-007.gif
confused-smiley-009.gif
confused-smiley-011.gif
confused-smiley-017.gif

LaFoto said:
Would there be anyone around here who could tell me if there are Spanish versions for the computer terms
font
printer-friendly
file menu

and
page setup
around?

Would be of GREATEST help to me right now!!!!

font - fuente
Printer-friendly - impresora-amistoso
page setup - disposición de la página
file menu - del menú de archivo

Online Translator

That was too funny. I would've never thought.

Oh, and Ferny... You've got a coffee mug blocking the camera....that's better, thanks. :D

ferny said:
According to http://world.altavista.com/tr
printer-friendly = impresora-amistoso

Thank you, you two!!!
But I'm having my doubts about the above. I just can't believe this to be a real Spanish word. It is two Spanish words, all right, but would Spanish or South American people use it like this????

If it weren't for a really official translation, I'd be happy with impresora-amistoso, but.... that thing is going PUBLIC, that translation of mine. What, if this word makes every speaker of the Spanish language BURST OUT LAUGHING!?!?!?!? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Hold on LaFoto, I have a friend here at work that speaks Spanish, I have asked her if this is the right way to translate it. She is from South America. I'll let you know what she says.

Here you go, from my friend Natty:

"It will be impresora amistosa.
The word amistoso (a) ending in "a" because in Spanish all the things have gender, the printer is considered "female" (isn't that funny?)"

OK, I'll be back tomorrow. Must dash to my choir practise and voice instruction now... see ya'

Alison?

Any news on the autenticity of the Spanish expression "impresora-amistoso" (which I highly doubt exists in this form)???

Would anyone else know any more?
Lula? How do you call that in Portuguese? That might be a good hint for me!

LaFoto said:
Alison?

Any news on the autenticity of the Spanish expression "impresora-amistoso" (which I highly doubt exists in this form)???

Would anyone else know any more?
Lula? How do you call that in Portuguese? That might be a good hint for me!

See two posts above :)

Ah thanks! :)
You and I posted at the very same minute, which is why I overlooked your answer. Thank you to you and to Natty, too, even though I don't know her. It sounds funny to me, all in all, but if she doesn't burst out laughing at "impresora-amistosa", then I'll use it in my translation.
Thank you again.

Most reactions

Back