Any suggestion to buy a used car?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I probably need a used car. My dad told me to shop around rental car instead, because I will get the full history a of a car. Any suggestion?

You can also go to a dealer to get a formerly leased car - they're usually good buys. And check out TrueCar.

I know of a couple of people who are leasing Fiat electric cars for $49.00 a month. You only get 80-100 miles per charge, it is a very very small piece of crap car, but for $49 a month ... it seems like a bonafide beater.

I probably need a used car. My dad told me to shop around rental car instead, because I will get the full history a of a car. Any suggestion?
Yep, cars are like cameras, what's your price range?

Proce range?

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Proce range?

What has a short guy who's a player got to do with buying a car?:lol:

Proce
a stud, short in stature, who is young enough to tease and old enough to please. Proce is most commonly referred to as an "OG" and can wiggle the sticks with the best of them.

Urban Dictionary: proce

For $10K, at least around here, you could probably do slightly "better" used than Kia. I'm not trying to knock Kia; they have nice newer cars. That said, I'd be hard-pressed to find any older Kias still driving around, and their resale value isn't as good as some other brands.

It's your prerogative, though. Unless you have any reason or desire to strictly choose one car brand over another, I'd say leave your options open with such a budget.

Lot of manufacturers have"Certified Preowned" vehicles that have gone through an intensive inspection and carry a warranty. With a 10k budget you should be able to get a decent choice of vehicles.

Hyundai is excellent car, a couple local repair shops in my area highly recommend them, very reliable transportation and have some nice looking body styles. When Hyundai first hit the states as a Korean manufactured car, the reliability was not good had a horrible track record but over the last decade or so Hyundai did a complete 180. I would suggest before jumping into a kia take a hard look at the Hyundai you may find a pristine used one with a warranty. A friend of mine bought a Sonata with leather and put some nice after market rims on it, nothing stupid just a upgrade to the factory rims and man the car was very sharp looking.

Last edited:
Proce range?

What has a short guy who's a player got to do with buying a car?[emoji38]

Proce
a stud, short in stature, who is young enough to tease and old enough to please. Proce is most commonly referred to as an "OG" and can wiggle the sticks with the best of them.

Urban Dictionary: proce
This forum is always catching my typos haha. Its from really fast phone responses

For $10,000 you could look at the Hertz, Enterprise used vehicle market. That way you know the service record. Car Fax is good, but only as good as the mechanics the vehicle is taken to. Go to the dealer and you have a good history. Go to the local garage and they have no requirement or incentive to report the service they give your vehicle.

It's still worth the $45.00 or so to take the used car you are interested in to a reliable mechanic and have them go over it first.

Most reactions

Back