RebelTasha

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a link to the Exif data
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rebeltasha/2479779550/meta/

2479779550_0072ee6f3e_b.jpg

The dog - I take it - was your primary subject. And the fact that it was sitting on that boat, having his owner take him on a cruise?

Unfortunately, your very subject is smack in the middle of your frame. And as unfortunately, this compositional constellation makes any image a bit more "meh!"-like than any other, less centred, would do.

But nothing's lost: the frame as such is large enough to test out all kinds of crops: something off the right and top, or whichever other version you'd care to try out.

It might be fun to test how the same picture begins to FEEL different in different cropping versions.

^^

I had been watching this thread a bit to see what others had said... thought maybe it was just me, but maybe not.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it was "too snapshotty", but it kind of feels that way. Maybe cropping differently might help. (shame since you'll lose a lot of the resolution)

I took it at 300mm hand held, I think I was just extremely excited it came out as it did as the subject was soo far away.
I tried to crop it but if I try and crop out the busy top half then some of the left side the dog always ends up in the middle... :(
I didnt' know he was licking his nose when I took it either.. :lol:

I give my permission if anyone wants to crop/edit it..

IMO, the dog is the most interesting focus point, so I would put him wherever it takes post-crop to make it all about him. But if you're not trying to go for that, I understand. I'm a huge animal nut, so dogs are like the coolest thing on earth for me.

I like how the dog is licking his chops. Its like you KNOW he's saying, "I'm gonna lick your face soon!"

Most reactions

Back