Anybody have pictures taken with D5100 effects?

Rexx6.0

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am leaning more towards a D5100 to learn on vs the 7000. I am curious about the "Effects" that the 5100 has... anybody have pictures with these effects? Thanks.

You're thinking about the wrong things. 'Effects' shouldn't influence your decision of one camera over another, especially when talking about good DSLR cameras like this.

I have the d5100 and have used the effects. Don't buy based on the effects. I used them the day I got my camera but never touched them again. All the effects it had to offer can be done better in an editing program!

The effects aren't what is swaying me towards the 5100... the actual usability of it is. I just won't ever use all the features the 7000 offers...

I just wanted to see some real life examples of the effects vs ones Nikon "took"

Another reason for the effects I like, is I don't want to be someone who has to edit all my pictures in a program afterwards. Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02....

Forgot to mention I am going to be upgrading from a D70s.... so I think either camera will be a decent upgrade from what I currently am learning on.

I have both D5100 and D7000. If these are your only two options, just grab the D7000.

I have both D5100 and D7000. If these are your only two options, just grab the D7000.

Just got back home from BestBuy... played with both the D5100 and D7000.... I like the 7000 more... not sure why, seems like the menus are easier to work with, do more, and it has preset settings for various occasions I can quickly select when not running full manual.

The 5100 wasn't bad, it just had a feeling of "missing something" plus I didn't understand how to set some of the effects to work completely. Either way, I felt more at home with the 7000.... now I need to get these 2 weddings I have to DJ out of the way so I can sell most of my DJ gear. ;)

Rexx6.0 said:
The effects aren't what is swaying me towards the 5100... the actual usability of it is. I just won't ever use all the features the 7000 offers...

I just wanted to see some real life examples of the effects vs ones Nikon "took"

Another reason for the effects I like, is I don't want to be someone who has to edit all my pictures in a program afterwards. Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02....

And what exactly do MY pictures have to do with you buying a camera? If you want to critique my pictures then you can do on MY thread thank you very much.

And I didn't "take" any "post-editing" pictures. They are pictures taken THEN edited. I didn't realize by giving my opinion on a camera that you would get so offended that you would have to crap on my NEWBIE pictures.

MTVision said:
And what exactly do MY pictures have to do with you buying a camera? If you want to critique my pictures then you can do on MY thread thank you very much.

And I didn't "take" any "post-editing" pictures. They are pictures taken THEN edited. I didn't realize by giving my opinion on a camera that you would get so offended that you would have to crap on my NEWBIE pictures.

I don't think the original poster was referring to your pictures. I believe he or she was saying "not a fan" of the process of editing photos on a computer.

Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02....

^^^ exact wording. The OP said they don't want to be a person who has to edit all the pictures in a program after - which if he can achieve that more power to him - but then goes on to say..."Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02" Seems to me that with the "you" he was referring to my pictures otherwise he would've said not a fan of post edited pictures. Which would be odd because that would mean he's not a fan on ANY picture because all pictures of post processed either in-camera or in an editing program.

^^^ exact wording. The OP said they don't want to be a person who has to edit all the pictures in a program after - which if he can achieve that more power to him - but then goes on to say..."Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02" Seems to me that with the "you" he was referring to my pictures otherwise he would've said not a fan of post edited pictures. Which would be odd because that would mean he's not a fan on ANY picture because all pictures of post processed either in-camera or in an editing program.

Not trying to be bitchy to you, edwardspw! :)

Rexx6.0 said:
The effects aren't what is swaying me towards the 5100... the actual usability of it is. I just won't ever use all the features the 7000 offers...I just wanted to see some real life examples of the effects vs ones Nikon "took"Another reason for the effects I like, is I don't want to be someone who has to edit all my pictures in a program afterwards. Not a fan of "post-editing" pictures you took, just my .02....
And what exactly do MY pictures have to do with you buying a camera? If you want to critique my pictures then you can do on MY thread thank you very much. And I didn't "take" any "post-editing" pictures. They are pictures taken THEN edited. I didn't realize by giving my opinion on a camera that you would get so offended that you would have to crap on my NEWBIE pictures.
I didn't mean anything directly towards you, it was how I worded my sentence i guess. I value everyone's opinions online, if I like them or not. And when I said "you", it was meant to be taken as anyone in general, not directly pointed to you.Sorry if I upset you, no hatin' from me, I must have worded my post wrong... ;)

disagree.

He means he isnt a fan of post processing pictures that have been taken... he used you in a hypothetical manner. I doubt he has seen your work

Most reactions

New Topics

Back