Anybody into F-1 racing??

I agree. I've never been into racing, but F1 is kind of catching my interest. Schumacher is just freakin' dominant, but in a lot of ways it's a blast to watch everyone try and knock him off.

And it was really cool to see Sato get his first podium. :D

Miss the days of Senna! He was T H E KING!

well its not f-1 its the lower class "indy" cars but i always go to the Long Beach Grand Prix out here on the west coast and its a blast i tried to shoot it this year but didnt have a zoom lens so wasted a lotta film ill be ready for it next year though! awesome shots there racing is such an awesome sport! u know the average heartbeat of a nascar driver is greater then any other sport and the g-force on you body is obviously unmatched your body must be able to withstand such dramatic changes its amazing

thebigbillybob said:
well its not f-1 its the lower class "indy" cars

Yep, I was thinking on the same lines too, and wondering if Schumacher was there! Does he actually do Indy?

In my totally inexperienced opinion, these guys have much more skill than Indy drivers. For one thing, these guys actually have to turn in different directions. It's not just straight-left-straight-left-straight-left-etc. for 3 1/2 hrs. :lol:

Man I am so jealous. I love F1 racing. There is the Cleveland grand prix coming here on the weekend of the 4th. they turn an old air port landing area into the track. Its pretty amazing. Im hoping I can catch one day of the races.

I love that one with the tires. Nice. Ok, so can some one tell me how you do the one where the car is in focus and everything else is motion blured? I can't figure that out.

karissa said:
I love that one with the tires. Nice. Ok, so can some one tell me how you do the one where the car is in focus and everything else is motion blured? I can't figure that out.

Hey K, long time no see!! Howya been?!

Car in focus, everything else blurred is setting shutter around 1/125 sec and panning with the car. Essentially it keeps the camera in the frame and moves the background, if ya get my drift.

Shark said:
karissa said:

Hey K, long time no see!! Howya been?!

Car in focus, everything else blurred is setting shutter around 1/125 sec and panning with the car. Essentially it keeps the camera in the frame and moves the background, if ya get my drift.

Wow... just don't know how you can keep the car so in focus.. knowing me I would have two blured subjects. :?

Shark said:
In my totally inexperienced opinion, these guys have much more skill than Indy drivers. For one thing, these guys actually have to turn in different directions. It's not just straight-left-straight-left-straight-left-etc. for 3 1/2 hrs. :lol:

im sorry but you are mistaken on what indy means indy is the same kind of racing just the cars arent as powerful! yet still can hit 200+ mph i believe you are thinking of nascar not indy... the long beach grand prix features indy cars blasting through the streets of downtown long beach at 200+ mph in case u didnt know long beach city streets arent a big oval lol indy cars are the kind of cars that are feature in the lackluster movie "driven" with 3rd rate celebrity and "rocky" fame sylvester stalone

thebigbillybob said:
Shark said:

im sorry but you are mistaken on what indy means indy is the same kind of racing just the cars arent as powerful! yet still can hit 200+ mph i believe you are thinking of nascar not indy... the long beach grand prix features indy cars blasting through the streets of downtown long beach at 200+ mph in case u didnt know long beach city streets arent a big oval lol indy cars are the kind of cars that are feature in the lackluster movie "driven" with 3rd rate celebrity and "rocky" fame sylvester stalone

I know what you're talking about now. I mis-read your original post, so was confused. I thought you were talking about the IRL and CART drivers as being better than F-1 drivers.

Sounds like your LBGP is something like the BMW series; they had one of those on qualification day at the USGP. The cars are smaller than the GP or true Indy cars, but looked like them--open wheel, smaller engines, but still lots of zip. They got up to around 190 or so on the straight. It's kind of like the 'minor leagues' for the up and coming F-1 drivers.

Shark said:
I know what you're talking about now. I mis-read your original post, so was confused. I thought you were talking about the IRL and CART drivers as being better than F-1 drivers.

Sounds like your LBGP is something like the BMW series; they had one of those on qualification day at the USGP. The cars are smaller than the GP or true Indy cars, but looked like them--open wheel, smaller engines, but still lots of zip. They got up to around 190 or so on the straight. It's kind of like the 'minor leagues' for the up and coming F-1 drivers.

yea i think were on the same page now :) those cars seem very similar to the LBGP ones they do race a CART series there and an god for the life of me i cant thing of the name of the big event race they do i know there indy cars just not sure what class... its like the step below f-1 like where the target car was very dominant until the driver (montoya? i think) moved to f-1 and then the target team disapated... i dont follow the sport much outside of the LBGP hah

Most reactions

Back