Anybody used a Bessa R2/3?

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I want to get a rangefinder camera, but can't afford a Leica. I honestly don't know much about what's out there as far as rangefinders go, but i've seen the Voigtlander Bessa cameras and they look like they might be a good alternative.

Does anybody have any thoughts on these? Are they worth the money? I mean, for the price of an R2/3 with 50mm lens, I could upgrade my d70 to a d300 body, but something about what i've seen and read about rangefinders that makes me want one.

Yes, I have the R2a with the 35mm / f1.7 Ultron, and yes, in my view it is worth the money. It feels solid, the viewfinder is excellent, the lens is great and it is much, much cheaper than a Leica. If you want a new rangefinder then the only other choice I can think of is the Zeiss Ikon, which is quite a lot more money.

Thanks for the info. I am seriously thinking about going for it.

YES YES YES! Good cameras... I would recommend the rangefinder coupled, M-mount bodies. The Voigtlander lenses are great!

Even those finicky Leica shooters like them...

May I suggest www.cameraquest.com for a lot of information.

One of my fav's is the 28mm f1.9 ultron. great street shooter. Low light? can't beat the 35mm Nokton. Paint scratches easily buy who cares... shoot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back