Anybody using the filter system by Wine Country Camera?

dcsigg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

I love using filters for some of my work, and have recently heard about a filter system by wine country camera. While expensive(!), it looks innovative, and seems to address some of the issues with the existing holder systems. I use a Format Hitech 100mm system with various 100x150 and 100x100 filters (various brands) and a polarizer adapter/polarizer. While the wine country camera system seems to address some of the problems with existing filter holders, I am not sure about wood as a material choice, as well as price value (in the end the FH system does the job). It does have some intriguing features such as filter protection (scratching is an issue with the system I use, even if you are careful), the built in polarizer with less light leakage, and the claim of less weight/bulk.

Does anybody have hands on experience with this system? I'd love to heard your thoughts!

Here's a link to the company's website http://www.winecountry.camera

Thanks!

Never heard of them, but a quick perusal of their site shows some interesting stuff!

Agree! They're certainly pricing themselves at the top end of the game, in fact, I think you could save money shopping at Lee or Singh-Ray (Said no one ever before this!). I'd like to see some unbiased reviews on the build quality and filter performance. Especially the CPOL.

Thanks, guys, yeah, thus far I haven't seen any unbiased reviews; that's why I posted in the forum as I was curious to get any feedback! And great point on the CPOL performance! They have some well known photographers as "ambassadors", but that's not unbiased ;)

i dunno.....Lee and Singh-Ray make some phenomenal products and for some newcomer to price themselves way above two of the heaviest hitters in the filter business....it really makes me feel like its just a money grab. especially jumping in with what basically equates to celebrity endorsements.
i would be worried about long term wood swelling in humid areas, or times when you change temperatures quickly.

i have the wine country camera filter holder, i like it. i dont use it much im still experimenting filters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back