Anyone buy from Vistek?

If you spend over $1000...McBain Camera has free shipping.

I think someone mentioned it, but most of the stores mentioned will price match each other...so be sure to look around for the best price, then ask your closest store to match that price.

Vistek prices tend to be high, so I only buy from there, if I cannot find the item anywhere else.

I could not aford to buy a single thing if I had to go through them. They are well overpriced, IMHO.

Sounds like you are having a blast Adam! Slow day? :lol:
I use to work the front desk at the smaller Calg. location

Oh a complete blast! ... ... .. :gah:

Thank god for this forum or I'd be staring off into space all day.

I go to your vistek when ever im home from school. Let me tell you, the employees on the 'amateur' side of the store don't know very much about the cameras their selling.

I go to your vistek when ever im home from school. Let me tell you, the employees on the 'amateur' side of the store don't know very much about the cameras their selling.

Weird because they all shoot part time and are very knowledgable.

Last edited:
Been there once, and probably wont go back again. I found the prices higher, and the sales dude tried to upsell me to stuff I didnt want or need, and baffle me with talking way over my head. I have never had a problem with Henrys.
As for an online store, I have used Camera Canada a few times, and had good experiences all 3 times. :D

Yes, I found Vistek prices higher than Henry's on cameras, lenses and photo software was overpriced as well but sometimes only available at Vistek or on the Internet.

skieur

Yes, I found Vistek prices higher than Henry's on cameras, lenses and photo software was overpriced as well but sometimes only available at Vistek or on the Internet.

skieur
Arent you out near the London area? Forgive me if Im wrong. :D Camera Canada is in London. I am not sure what they are like to deal with in person, but online, they are pretty good.
I usually shop at the Henrys superstore in downtown Toronto.

Weird because they all shoot part time and our very knowledgable.

I once asked a guy way back about a Canon 430EX flash and asked him to show me how the high speed sync worked on the strobe and he asked me what that was... I had to show him. Maybe that guy doesn't work there any more.

I've found that in most camera stores, there are some employees that know very little about photography beyond the sales jargon on the boxes of P&S cameras...but there are usually a few that do know their stuff and there might be one or two who are a wealth of knowledge and wisdom. You just have to know who to talk to.

I once asked a guy way back about a Canon 430EX flash and asked him to show me how the high speed sync worked on the strobe and he asked me what that was... I had to show him. Maybe that guy doesn't work there any more.

Why would you ask a consumer photo sales person how to sync a flash to gear that is in our pro section? :lol:

I was just in TO for a event shoot and rented a prime 20mm canon lens and found the experience to be great.

I have purchased from them over the net and in person,
I have never had a bad experence with them.

I purchased my Sigma lens from them online a couple months ago and had no problems, apart from the delivery being late - but that was actually purulators fault :sexywink:.

We dealt with Vistek for years, bought thousands of dollars worth of cameras, video equip, printers, computers etc. That was only tolerable because we knew exactly what we wanted and didn't have to deal with the constant useless sales people.

Then we started ordering our paper and inks etc from them online - That was the beginning of the end. Worst ordering/shipping experiences ever. Wrong items shipped, late orders, partial orders held when specifically told not to. Items not shipped period. Bad customer service. It finally ended up costing us money with one of our customers. Never again. :thumbdown:

If Vistek was the only photography source on the planet, I'd give it up and go work at Burger King.

Why would you ask a consumer photo sales person how to sync a flash to gear that is in our pro section? :lol:

Well i thought it was a pretty basic question lol the 430EX is in the consumer section and i was just asking about a button on it. I think most entry level on camera strobes have a high speed sync button, or some variation of it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back