Anyone done any art festivals?

terri

Administrator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got into one. :cheer: I really didn't think I would, since it's juried (I had to submit several slides) and I have no prior events to my credit. It's in a high-rent district of town and considered (from what I've heard) an excellent event, very artist-friendly.

So, I'm nervous about everything. Pricing stuff, designing my booth. I plan to have a few framed pieces and several copies in varying sizes, matted and bagged. A brochure, business cards, and just for fun a table with a camera display (I recently picked up a couple of box cameras, the Polaroid 80A, old Kodak A1, my SX-70 Land camera - stuff like that).

Anyone else done this? Any ideas or input would be much appreciated!! :D

Thats awesome. I would like to do one some day.

I find that when there are a few 'busty' girls in bikinis handing out cards or flyers you get more attention. Maybe every half hour the girls do a song and dance routine. I think you should be able to pull this off and still seem classy. :wink:

Congrats Terri YAAY!

Now if you need to frame and matte your photos let me know. I can get you everything at wholesale cost straight from the factory :D (That's what my pop does for a living)

um...thank, Graig... (I think) It's in April, maybe a little too soon for bikini time, but --

<<<<<<you know what they say (well Chase anyway) :LOL:

Voo, you're the best!!! I have tons of matting to do.

I'm not certain if I should put foamcore under the images I'm going to "matte and bag" for added stability, or if I should let well enough alone. I always thought putting a nice quality matte around the image (taped from the back) and slipping it into those acid-free bags was considered the norm, but I'm hearing different things from different people...adding foamcore sure would drive up the cost. :? Any thoughts on that??

Chase said:
So let me get this straight, Terri is going to be at her booth in a bikini signing autographs? Well, something like that at least... right? :)

when? ill be sure to be in atlanta........ yay for boobies!!

md

thats great terri ... you do great work .. so im sure you'll go far in the photography biz :D

i think the frame and matting is a good idea ... dont forget to get some flyers or cards made up .. even if they dont buy a piece now, they may someday .. so give'em something to hold on too :D

Graig; you made me laugh, no apology needed!! :D

Dew - you're right!! I didn't think about getting some flyers made up and that's an excellent idea. Thanks!!

Mr. Dowdey: If you made the trip and didn't come find me in my little booth I'd be very wounded. :p It's April 24-25th, Inman Park Arts & Crafts Festival in sunny Hotlanta.... I'll be the one staring like a deer in headlights...

Believe me, you guys will be hearing more, as I wonder what the heck I've gotten myself into..... :shock:

terri said:
Graig; you made me laugh, no apology needed!! :D

Dew - you're right!! I didn't think about getting some flyers made up and that's an excellent idea. Thanks!!

Mr. Dowdey: If you made the trip and didn't come find me in my little booth I'd be very wounded. :p It's April 24-25th, Inman Park Arts & Crafts Festival in sunny Hotlanta.... I'll be the one staring like a deer in headlights...

Believe me, you guys will be hearing more, as I wonder what the heck I've gotten myself into..... :shock:

Terri,
Don't worry about it, you'll do fine and you'll have fun. You will meet a lot of oddballs, but you will also meet a lot of nice folks. I have't done one of those things in years, but I don't imagine they've changed a whole lot. Maybe I'll stop in and look you up and check out your work...

hi terri
thats just fab news - good on ya! Take pictures of the booth and bikinis for us - April in Hotlanta should be just fine!!

Just curious, what size prints are going to display in your booth, I friend of mine who lives in Ft. Lauderdale wanted me to send some prints over so she could sell them in ritzy Las Olas Blvd... but since you are doing yours so soon I'll prolly be picking your brain on your setup n pricing. My friend said that they were selling colour prints between $200 to $400 bucks there, but i have know idea what size :scratch:

good luck with your endeavor and keep us posted! :cheer:

Congrates Terri, showing your work is the top tier for most artists and you've made it there.

Hey Voodoo, what kind of matting suppies we talking about here? Museum board and stuff, or heat presses and matt cutters? I need it all....

Most reactions

Back